Results from using High CBD Strains

Boohiss

Question

Hi all,

I kicked off growing medical Jane about 1.5 years age with a specific target to find relief for a 30 year pattern of Migraine knocking me over every 6 to 8 weeks.

Did heaps of research on Marijuana from a medical perspective and as a result I ended up growing out, harvesting and curing 4 different high cbd strains.  In the process I started to understand how the high changes depending on when it's harvested and the length it's cured for, I was starting to understand how complex this plant was.

However what I didn't find was the solution to resolving my migraine pain but I did discover just how effective it is at blocking nausea which gets to alarming levels when I've got a migraine, not to mention relaxing my neck and shoulders.  So high cbd strains were able to help with nausea but not with pain or banish anxiety completely.

it was only when I managed to grow an old school Indica non high cbd strain did I start to get relief from anxiety and little of pain relief.  Then I committed my own worst cannabis crime, I bought 1/2 oz from the black market.  the BM makes me laugh, every request as to what strain they were selling was meet with "What do you want to know that for, that's useless", all any of them were selling was "good shit" that was "fucking strong!".  Apparently on the BM cannabis only requires 2 descriptives, for everyone out there that knows just how amazingly complex and diverse cannabis is knows how totally inadequate that is.  Legalisation can't come fast enough for me.

Ok rant over, as you can I tell I have a very low opinion of the BM so imagine my surprise when after curing for month a 1/2 oz of what seemed like a Sative Dominant that resulted in a low level of anxiety, only to find a total gem that left me clear headed, anxiety free and the aches and pains in my legs gone.  I'm pretty sure the BM weed was not high cbd so how come I never hit the jackpot like this with high CBD stuff.

Now the problem is that the guy I  bought it from has no idea what so ever what strain it was so there goes my chance to grow it and having it on tap!  So maybe its a case of high cbd strains work from some people but not for others.

• Upvote 4

6 answers to this question

Hey Boohis,

Interesting, especially for me as I'm a fellow headache sufferer. I say headache, some say migraine, some say cluster headaches etc. I just call them headaches. Labels give people ideas, wrong ideas.

Now, for me, smoko cuts down my need on the pharma meds, but I can become easily accustomed to the same smoke repeatedly. I need a variety to get the best effect. For example one smoke may reduce the pounding, where another relieves the pain in my eyes. I've also found that differing forms, be that hash, bud, and oil all have their own individual benefits. So  for me I 'try' to treat that specific pain. Often I do still need an opiate but not at the levels I've been on previously. Canna assists me to do this.

I must agree with you on the BM, often the seller isn't the grower and doesn't know sativa from a carrot lol "It's weed man". The only way to be sure is to grow your own. Also a lot of commercial shit is treated with chemicals. Grow it your way, grow it safe and medicate yourself. I do  lol

Merl1n

• Upvote 1

Thanks for posting Boo, just goes to show that different people get different results etc.

Can you elaborate on how harvest times effect the high with high CBD strains?  I have recently purchased some high CBD strains, and am keen to try them out for pain relief and sedation.

It's a complex plant, and all the different cannabinoids, terpenes etc interact with each other in a complex way, which is probably one reason why Pharma has a hard time with trying to isolate and synthesise the active constituents.  Sounds logical that if you remove most of the THC you will end up with something that isn't fully effective, in the same way that the high from strains with minimal CBD is not as complete and well rounded, so it makes sense that medical effectiveness would be affected as well.  I would have thought that with the many medicinal benefits of THC it would be more a matter of finding the balance that gives the best benefits rather than seeking to have CBD only, with the likely exception of a couple of illnesses.

I'm with Merl1n, grow your own safely and properly, and find not only what strains work best, but also what maturity levels work, the risks of dodgy commercial shit in medicinal usage just aren't worth it, plus strain and quality is variable and out of your control.

If you got good benefit from BM weed, and it was hydro rather than bush, then maybe a basic Skunk would be a good starting point in seeking something similar.  Might also be worth experimenting with early harvest times?

Best of luck with your search for effective meds, keep us posted with your findings.

Thanks for the post. I think one of the things that make choosing 'the right weed' difficult is that there are many factors in the patients life and there a literally 100's of different cannabinoids and they can be in many different ratios on the plant. So its not just a matter of getting a perfect plant but probably different plants at different times.

Simply put Sativa for Mood and Indica for anxiety is an over simplification.

Its unlikey that ONE plant will do the job every time. So we need access to a variety of canna 'as needed'.

ONE answer really. Legalise MMJ regulate the industry; I apply for a grant the next day.

Thanks for posting Boo, just goes to show that different people get different results etc.

Can you elaborate on how harvest times effect the high with high CBD strains?  I have recently purchased some high CBD strains, and am keen to try them out for pain relief and sedation.

It's a complex plant, and all the different cannabinoids, terpenes etc interact with each other in a complex way, which is probably one reason why Pharma has a hard time with trying to isolate and synthesise the active constituents.  Sounds logical that if you remove most of the THC you will end up with something that isn't fully effective, in the same way that the high from strains with minimal CBD is not as complete and well rounded, so it makes sense that medical effectiveness would be affected as well.  I would have thought that with the many medicinal benefits of THC it would be more a matter of finding the balance that gives the best benefits rather than seeking to have CBD only, with the likely exception of a couple of illnesses.

I'm with Merl1n, grow your own safely and properly, and find not only what strains work best, but also what maturity levels work, the risks of dodgy commercial shit in medicinal usage just aren't worth it, plus strain and quality is variable and out of your control.

If you got good benefit from BM weed, and it was hydro rather than bush, then maybe a basic Skunk would be a good starting point in seeking something similar.  Might also be worth experimenting with early harvest times?

Best of luck with your search for effective meds, keep us posted with your findings.

hi Sir Psycho,

When I mentioned harvest time's effect, I didn't mean anything specific to High CBD just the well known understanding that early gives a speedy effect and late gives a sedative effect.

Thanks to having grown my own weed I now understand why I had such bad reactions from dope I'd bought from the BM many years ago, it simply wasn't cured long enough for me. I've found calming and all round pleasant changes become noticeable around the 3 mth period, weed that's under a month old is not going to provide a prime or maybe even a pleasant experience.

I wish you all the best with your High CBD grow and please do keep us updated.

Thanks