room gets to hot unless i open door

Gday all I think I already know my answer. But here goes my tent is 1.4 by 1.4 by 2.4 I have 1 4 inch fan pulling air out from top another 6 inch fan attached to my vented hood that I have some ducting connected to suck hot air from under the light and beside tops of plant. My intake is 4 inches down low. My temps get up to 31 with door closed but if I open it half way I get temps down to 27.5 degrees. So I'm thinking I need a bigger intake would this be correct

Gday all I think I already know my answer. But here goes my tent is 1.4 by 1.4 by 2.4 I have 1 4 inch fan pulling air out from top another 6 inch fan attached to my vented hood that I have some ducting connected to suck hot air from under the light and beside tops of plant. My intake is 4 inches down low. My temps get up to 31 with door closed but if I open it half way I get temps down to 27.5 degrees. So I'm thinking I need a bigger intake would this be correct

what light are u running firstly HID or LED's? 1.4m2 tent is a nice size tent if your running HID lights u may need a 150mm fan, 100mm fans are good for LED's in your size tent or smaller tents under 1x1m2 with HID lights

u need to factor in the density of your plants too, say if u have really bushy plants that are growing from side to side it may be hard to get good airflow past the foliage

when u open the tent door the cool air will be sucked in at the top of your tent door not at the bottom because the door is open allowing the easiest root for the air to flow

do u have your thermometer in direct light? the HID lights can give a incorrect reading as the intensity from the light heats up the thermometers plastic housing

Ok damn I should have said its not a tent I built the room I have a small door maybe 300mm by 600mm I have to crawl in to get into the room haha. I'm using 600 watt metal halide and yes temp gauge is next to leaves of 2 plants only small I just mainlined 1 and topped and triimed the other so air movement within tent no problem I have 2 40 cm fans inside. Its enough to blow a brown dog off its chain. I have the 4 inch fan pulling air out up high and the 6 inch suckingvthe warmer air under the vented hood through the hood up through ceiling.

Where should I put my thermometer I thought it had to go under the lights next to my top leaves

i remember reading some years ago a good grow room set up without air conditioning will operate at 6c above outside temps to be honest i dont really care what temps mine gets up to i have ran it up to 50c or close to it in summer, air con isnt an option for me so fresh air is the next best option

you didnt mention what your outside temps are, we are in summer so 31c is pretty good and as long as u have good growth with the air exchanges your currently doing i wouldnt change it

600w lights do put out a fair bit of heat compared to say a 400w but as long as u replenish the stale air they'll be happy as larry

i think the key for u is your running two fans both as exhaust fans just at different heights in the grow room so its working with the two combined exhaust's

• Upvote 2