Election

Thank you for that inspired and thoughtful piece of "off beat news", and the deep and intelligent explanation that went with it?????  Unless, of course, there is a link to a news story in the post that refuses to show in my browser for some reason, in which case please ignore my post.

Now I have a deep seated and intense distrust/dislike of Abbot and his bunch of cronies which is at least the equal of most of their haters, I cannot stand the bunch of Tea Party wannabe right wing extremist from the 1950's fuckwits, and they scare the shit out of me.  I also fail to understand how so many people failed to see through the propoganda and bullshit games they played during their time in opposition.  But, I don't see how telling people they are "fucked" because they utilised their right to free choice in an election is appropriate or helpful, let alone some form of news? 

If you want to rant about Abbott, there is a section for politics, it would be more appropriate do post there, along with an explanation of your views.  Intelligent conversation beats hurled insults any day, something politicians from both sides could do well to learn.

• Upvote 6

Well if you want medical cannabis in Australia ( which I certainly do) then to vote Liberal would be to cut your own throat. I don't need to explain my views of why he's fucked cos I'm sure if you Google "why is tony Abbott a fuckwit" you would get at least a couple of hundred well referenced pages on how he has dragged our country back in time and found a way to cut funding to almost everything except war. And besides labour beat Napthine anyway so I think its fair to say most of the country shares the same beliefs.

Well if you want medical cannabis in Australia ( which I certainly do) then to vote Liberal would be to cut your own throat. I don't need to explain my views of why he's fucked cos I'm sure if you Google "why is tony Abbott a fuckwit" you would get at least a couple of hundred well referenced pages on how he has dragged our country back in time and found a way to cut funding to almost everything except war. And besides labour beat Napthine anyway so I think its fair to say most of the country shares the same beliefs.

I would tend to agree with you on these points, even though Abbott has stated something positive about medical canna (as I believe it was non-commital noises in response to media attention, and his real views are different).  I am a screaming lefty who has abandoned the Labour Party as they are now more right wing than Fraser's Liberal government was, I'm even starting to have doubts about the Greens for fucks sake.  But I don't call people names because of their voting choices, I will happily debate their views, but will not hold their views against them.  A good person with opposing views is a good person, an arsehole who agrees with me is still an arsehole, so why call a good person "fucked".

My issues are partly where you posted, but mainly that it's not helpful to put people down for their voting choices, and if you want to call people fucked, you then put yourself in the position of having to explain why rather than expecting the accused "fucked" to google why they are.  It's more constructive to have an intelligent debate than to call people names.

• Upvote 3

the whole idea of a "2 party system" is to keep the population thinking they have a say in what happens, when in reality, all "partys" are simply tools to be used by the people who really hold the power, and they will never front media, they don't have to, they pull the strings from the shadows and all us sheeple just eat it up

The whole idea that a broad based, democratic franchise can actually co-exist in a capitalist economic system is... well... silly.

It's an illusion, in a capitalist system the interests of capital come first.

Whether we have 2 major parties or coalitions of 5 or more parties (like some European countries) forming government, it's the system that limits our political engagement to a vote for a representative, once every 4 years, itself that is a failure.

in the age of technology we live in, every person in the community should be able to vote on the actual issues rather than voting for someone that supposedly wants the things you want. using the internet/smart phones surely there could be a system where we the people could be voting daily/weekly on the issues and laws to be passed. but that will never happen because "they" don't want anybody to have any power