• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment

Photo

Using Mothers

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

pipeman

pipeman

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 5649 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
I have read conlficting opinions on whether or not genetics is weakened over time with a mother/clone system and eventually you always have to go back to seed. Fact or fiction?

Is it possible to run a perpetual mother/clone system without compromising on quality? Should mothers be replaced with one of their clones after a certain period of time?

Also, someone told me that the longer you leave your plant to veg before flower the better the finished product will be. Now I know it will increase yield with a given a set number of plants, but I'm mainly interested in quality of the bud.

thanks in advance.

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

Tom

Tom

"addicted to growing"

• Members
  • 6183 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
The main problem I've found with keeping the same strain for a long time is that I build up a tolerance to it, I would still be straight and everyone else would be off their faces.

In my opinion the longer you can veg the plant the better, I usually veg to a touch over 2/3 of the available grow height.

:unsure:

boulder

boulder

Stoned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 Posts:
There is no decline in potency from a clone line. The clone is an exact genetic reproduction of the plant from which it was taken. Only an infection or disease such as a virus will create a decline in potency.
Mothers can be kept forever by using root pruning and bonzai techniques.
~Scienta ~ Est ~ Potentia~

pipeman

pipeman

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 5649 Posts:
thanks guys. I'll see how the tolerance thing goes Tom, I've only started smoking regularly in the last few months. But I plan to have at least 2 and maybe 4 or more different mothers and alternate crops.

the reason I ask about the veg. time is that I'm planning a scrog setup, which from what my limited knowledge tells me has a very short veg time. And my thinking is that if I'm sacrificing quality maybe I should plan for a larger grow space even though I don't want/need it for yield.

BobGreen

BobGreen

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 Posts:
What Boulder said.

Bob

Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.