Mother with Terminal Cancer (Help Please)

sliM

Question

Hi guys,

I am an Australian son to my mother whom has terminal bone cancer, or otherwise known as 2nd degree breast cancer.

My mother has had it twice, first time breast cancer, and now bone. We have tried every legal treatment available,

and luckily due to my mothers healthy lifestlye and diet she has managed to keep somewhat healthy...

Over the years i have dicussed medical marijuanna with her (cannbis oils), and recently she has decided she wants to try

a proper regulated routine rather than face chemo for a third time. My mother is seeing her doctor tomorrow about prescription marijuanna

as we are desperate to try something new that works even if it is temporary. However, i don't know the ins and outs of it being legal in Australia.

If my mother cannot get access to cannbis oils what can i do? I do not wish to see her suffer, and i do not wish to see her suffer more because

of sleep deprivation to the point of being scattered; especially when there are options we can try.

I guess i am here to ask does anybody know another way she can take marijuanna medically if the doctor says no.

If i go on a search how do i know what is closer to medical grade standards of weed?

I don't know what to do, so any advice and guidance would be so much appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Brent.

get a parttime job? sell stuff? parents could get a small personal loan? lots of options dude they might suck but sucks less then life without ya mum. lets talk it out.

you could just do a run with a QP and start the meds.. ive seen this done before.. seen ppl make ounce batches too..

id say to u

get a garden goingg

grow ya own cannabis to make the oil for ya mum

1 thing i remember clearly wen i was raided is this ? the police asked me

is your wife terminal

i grew for my wife as she suffers a few ailments

i think if u are growing for ya mum and shes terminal

u just gotta say its a last ditched effort to retain her quality of life

if i was u thats wat id be doing

all the best

my wife did a rick simpson oil not too long back

she was able to drop 9 pills a day from her pharm meds

the strain was said to be a high cbd strain named cannatonic from resin seeds

i belive they grew a few diff 1s a few times before they decided on the specific pheno

good luck in the hunt

i myself am gunna get cannatonic come xmas and the postal rush

Edited by mastertig

Hey Slim,

My advice is to start small, there is no use doing a Lb to find it has little benefit for your mother. Personally I make an oz batch at a time. I find that I need a variation in smokes and by making an ounce batch of differing smokes I'm less likely to build up a tolerance. Everybody is individual and although you may find a sativa smoke is nice, your mother may need a indica. So going and buying a Lb can be an expensive error if it doesn't have the desired benefits. Another point here is that many sellers have no idea of indi or sati, its all just 'pot'. They are after the $$$ and they are not what you would call 'connoisseurs'. Many years ago the best weed was called 'sensi' or 'sinsemilla', which basically means seedless, but many people thought of it as a strain. A bit later the big buzz word was 'skunkweed'. Now things are more refined with actual strains but unless you are the grower you can never really be sure what you are getting is honestly what the seller says it is.

I know a large amount of medical info is around oil, but hash, bud and edibles have their own particular effects and benefits also. The way in which its consumed will also vary the effect. For example eating a cookie with oil in it relaxes me sooo much, I explain it as 'welding my ass to the lounge' lol Where when smoking bud I can function, just without the motivation This also assists me with pain management and varying my smokes. For example I like to be active, doing things. But at times I over do it and I PAY for it in pain. When I know I 'should' stop, I'll have a bit of hash, do a bit more, then stop. The hash kills my motivation, stops me from over doing it. If I've had a good day, pain wise, A nice bud smoke relaxes the mind, then add a spot of oil and I'm comfortably numb lol That's a bit of how it works for me but it may have a differing effects for your mother. It really will be a case of trial and error. I've been smoking for many years now and I'm what you'd call a conditioned smoker and you may finding dosing a problem for your mother, but best advice is to start small. You don't want to be giving her a large dose, her developing a bad paranoia and rejecting it as an option. Allow your mum to say when enough is enough. 

Good luck with it all, lets us know how it goes

Merl1n

There are a few online seedbanks, has anybody had any experiene with them?

Also is white widow a good medical strain that is high in cbd?

Edit: Lenore could you pm me?

Edit 2: I have been looking at herbies http://www.herbiesheadshop.com/royal-queen-royal-highness-feminised-seeds-3777

What is the best way to go about this discreetly? I really would like to have my address, email etc all concealed. Fake name even?

Sorry for so many questions lol.

Edited by sliM

Bonza seeds had a postage option for QLD where they send it to an address in another state then forward it on, costs a bit more but would be worth it if you are in QLD.  Can't remember what it was called but would be worth checking if it's still available.  Maybe look at an Indica dominant, Sativa dominant, and a hybrid somewhere in between, and keep an eye out for strains that are stated to have high CBD to THC ratios, pref 1:1, then play a bit of trial and error.

There's been some great advice so far that you should pay attention to.  Only thing I could add is don't get your hopes up for canna being a miracle cure.  There is a bit of hype and possibly some anecdotal evidence, particularly around the oil treatment for cancer, but as far as I am aware it has not been backed up by clinical trials.  But it's certainly worth a try, and at the very least I hope you can improve her quality of life.  Best of luck

I would also go with the Barnes farm cbd strains for potency, they report around 1.50% more cbd then the cbd crew strains and are bred from cbd crew clones so the genetics should be good. Don't know how stable the genetics are though. If you want reliable phenos go with cbd crew strains wich most of then state %5.

Hi SliM,My heart felt Sorrow  about your mother Slim.

Here are some very high CBD rated strain an most are indica dom =more indica in them than sativa.

I have only found these strains at this seed bank an are available to buy,I tried Bonza seed bank but all I got from him was the run around an no seeds.

you can buy all these strain's from this seed bank an they will send them to Australia,{http://canadianhempco.com}

Go to this site an on the front page scroll down on the left hand side till you come to high CBD,strains an click on that an check out what they have some prices are high an bit crazy you could say,email them an ask them if you can only buy a few seeds like 3 or 5 seeds at a time.

1/=AC/DC, high in CBD

2/=R4,         ""         ""

3/=Good Medicine,high in CBD,

4/=Avidekle,high in CBD.

5/=Otto, very high in CBD, This strain I dont think you can buy from this seed bank try Bonza he may try to get it in for you,that is what I asked him to do for me about 3 weeks ago now but I have had no reply on if he can get them in for ,he promised to let me know but have not had a reply yet to this day.

Email herbies seed bank an ask them if they would get them in for you it cant hurt asking.

Have a look at the seed here as well {www.Cannabis-seeds-worldwide.com} they send to Australia as well,plus you can talk to the guys there online at the site with there live talk ,just click on the live talk thingy down the bottom of the page they are call to talk to as I myself have spoken with the there.

An here is another site to try {cannabisseedsforsale.com }

I suffer from chronic pain an found that good indica was the best for me for pain relief , eg=White Rhino was one of the best I have used.But there are lots of good strains out there these days.

I really hope this info can help you on your quest to help your mum.

All the best slim an your mum,Regard's,Dingo-2008.    

Edited by Dingo-2008

Hi SliM,My heart felt Sorrow  about your mother Slim.

Here are some very high CBD rated strain an most are indica dom =more indica in them than sativa.

I have only found these strains at this seed bank an are available to buy,I tried Bonza seed bank but all I got from him was the run around an no seeds.

you can buy all these strain's from this seed bank an they will send them to Australia,{http://canadianhempco.com}

Go to this site an on the front page scroll down on the left hand side till you come to high CBD,strains an click on that an check out what they have some prices are high an bit crazy you could say,email them an ask them if you can only buy a few seeds like 3 or 5 seeds at a time.

1/=AC/DC, high in CBD

2/=R4,         ""         ""

3/=Good Medicine,high in CBD,

4/=Avidekle,high in CBD.

5/=Otto, very high in CBD, This strain I dont think you can buy from this seed bank try Bonza he may try to get it in for you,that is what I asked him to do for me about 3 weeks ago now but I have had no reply on if he can get them in for ,he promised to let me know but have not had a reply yet to this day.

Email herbies seed bank an ask them if they would get them in for you it cant hurt asking.

Have a look at the seed here as well {www.Cannabis-seeds-worldwide.com} they send to Australia as well,plus you can talk to the guys there online at the site with there live talk ,just click on the live talk thingy down the bottom of the page they are call to talk to as I myself have spoken with the there.

An here is another site to try {cannabisseedsforsale.com }

I suffer from chronic pain an found that good indica was the best for me for pain relief , eg=White Rhino was one of the best I have used.But there are lots of good strains out there these days.

I really hope this info can help you on your quest to help your mum.

All the best slim an your mum,Regard's,Dingo-2008.    

Hi Dingo,

Thanks for that post! I just checked out the strain and from how it is described seems like the perfect option.

However I was talking to herbies and they said they cant post to NSW and then to QLD, the price is also steep as you said.

I am in QLD and i am worried about the customs here, from what i have read they are fairly tight knit.

So right now I am trying to plan a way for this to work.

How are they for reliability and shipping?

If someone was to grow in a small house, what would be the best way to disguise it? How would you explain

the carbon filter through the window? How many plants should one grow in a small space discreetly?

Also what if somebody was renting? How would you make the cut for 3 month inspections?

Germinate and start early?

Thanks again everybody for the support, i ddn't quite expect so many replies to a newbie on the forum.

Again if I am asking questions that should not be asked please pull me up lol.

Brent.

Edited by sliM