Outdoor Shed Grow

Thanks spacemonkey, I never thought about the impact the ventilation would have on the plant hydration or co2, you make a good point.

I suppose im just being a tight ass and need to bight the bullet and get some decent equipment. If im going to do it, may as well do it right the first time :D

• Upvote 1

If the shed gets hot a LED setup would be far better than a HID setup. If it gets cold you might actually want the heat from a HID set up (HPS.)

LED grow lights these days produce the same quality as HPS, if not better.

Hey mate can you prove that,

Have you grown under both light sources to compare pics?

IMO it's a new technology not led lighting as such but horticulture lights are still developing, I've been told from a hydroponics business owner (mate) that the flowers have trouble bulking up and are very fluffy like bud from the bottom of the plant but all the way through. I would recommend HPS and led together.

• Upvote 1

Hey mate can you prove that,

Have you grown under both light sources to compare pics?

IMO it's a new technology not led lighting as such but horticulture lights are still developing, I've been told from a hydroponics business owner (mate) that the flowers have trouble bulking up and are very fluffy like bud from the bottom of the plant but all the way through. I would recommend HPS and led together.

There are 1000's of threads of legit LED grows out there... try getting off this little site. lol

No offense but this isn't something that needs to be "proved," it's already been proven years ago.

Fair call, I trust this site man been here for a while now learnt most of what I no from few growers on here, why would ozstoners be against the success of LEDs, (maybe I was right bout nay being in cahoots with solis tek) lol jok nay should remember lol. Like I mentioned before mates I know have told me LEDs are still developing, even a mate uses LEDs seen pics on his phone then I showed him what HPS can do jaw dropped. That's not to say in 5 years or less LEDs will be great.

Ask yourself this to man don't you think big houses or containers that Asians or bikies cultivate in wouldn't they be using LEDs if there really that good, would save shit loads on electricity, less chance of getting caught, less risk of fire?

At end of day mate most people are stubborn think they no best and stick to what works for them change is a scary thing lol

Haze

• Upvote 1

Any pics of your grow GK.?

I can put some up in a few weeks when I setup for a new run. Also by then I will (hopefully) have Grow Northerns new cutting edge led units in there as well, I'm giving my old ones away to the brother in law. Just can't help myself with new tech aye..

Like I've said before, if Dutch Passion is backing them, they ARE the ONES to watch.

Not to mention hundreds of grows (both auto and photo) that are on autoflower network forums.

274g dried and cured of 1 auto is better yeild than some photo strains... Just my 2¢

Fair call, I trust this site man been here for a while now learnt most of what I no from few growers on here, why would ozstoners be against the success of LEDs, (maybe I was right bout nay being in cahoots with solis tek) lol jok nay should remember lol. Like I mentioned before mates I know have told me LEDs are still developing, even a mate uses LEDs seen pics on his phone then I showed him what HPS can do jaw dropped. That's not to say in 5 years or less LEDs will be great.

Ask yourself this to man don't you think big houses or containers that Asians or bikies cultivate in wouldn't they be using LEDs if there really that good, would save shit loads on electricity, less chance of getting caught, less risk of fire?

At end of day mate most people are stubborn think they no best and stick to what works for them change is a scary thing lol

Haze

I dunno mate, but LEDs are fucking awesome now, no bullshit.

Gangs that rent out houses for the purposes of growing weed often steal electricity by tapping into the line and bypassing the meter, or so I've heard. Many commercial growers are using LEDs now, mostly in the US where its becoming increasingly legal and more and more big grow ops are pooping up everywhere due to the fucking big dollars that can be made selling cannabis products.

I can link to other cannabis sites that have plenty of legit LED grow diaries but it may annoy the mods. :doh:

Hope that helps.

Edited by ehle_fan