Sydney Activist Seeks Others

Due to dismal dynamics of cannabis activism in Sydney, we are going to start to advertise for fresh blood to assist in future political activies.

Coming up is the 1st anniversary of Bob Carr's statement in the Parliament on 20th May 2003

With a sensible mixture of compassion and commonsense we can make a medical cannabis regime work in this State
This is a perfect opportunity to give Bob some stick. So far we only have 2 protesters and myself. It would be nice if we could get some other patients or supporters could show up as well.

If anyone out there can help, this is critical time. It's important to keep this issue fresh in the public's mind. It would also be a good chance to rubbish Bob's suggestion of importing a 'container' load of refined drug from Canada.

Believe it or not, the Canadian government has effectively paid a private contractor $16,000 an ounce !! to grow & provide cannabis for patients (and by all accounts it's crap). Australian growers could retire after one crop ... what do yer reckon guys?

Anyway if anyone's interested e-mail me (address in signature) and I'll get back to you with details.

Edited by Brash

Planning is under way for a medical cannabis protest at the 'backyard of Parliament' - the Domain, for the opening of the Spring Session of the NSW Parliament on the 31st of August 2004, at Midday.

Bob Carr has said he doesn't want patients growing pot in their backyards, so we are coming to his backyard. Bring a thermos. Various patients, doctors and supporters will be present. Some of the Nimbin crew will attend, hopefully Smoulder and a Ganja Faerie or two.

Be nice to make a picnic of it. We have been doing this Spring protest for a few years now ... one day it would be nice if it was a celebration instead. But I can't see the Government coming up with a satifactory solution before then ... oh well.

Anyway, Sydneysiders should pencil it in the diary, if the weather's good it will be a great afternoon.

e-mail for updates: protest@medicalcannabis.info

Planning is under way for a medical cannabis protest at the 'backyard of Parliament' - the Domain, for the opening of the Spring Session of the NSW Parliament on the 31st of August 2004, at Midday.

Bob Carr has said he doesn't want patients growing pot in their backyards, so we are coming to his backyard. Bring a thermos. Various patients, doctors and supporters will be present. Some of the Nimbin crew will attend, hopefully Smoulder and a Ganja Faerie or two. 

Be nice to make a picnic of it. We have been doing this Spring protest for a few years now ... one day it would be nice if it was a celebration instead. But I can't see the Government coming up with a satifactory solution before then ... oh well.

Anyway, Sydneysiders should pencil it in the diary, if the weather's good it will be a great afternoon.

e-mail for updates: protest@medicalcannabis.info

Hi Brash

You can count me in for August 31 B)

I am also starting to plan holding a rally/protest/some form of event for the 2005 Global Marijuana March. I will post more here about it soon. Sydney really needs to get involved in the international event.

http://cannabis.action-nsw.org/free-images/support-nsw1.gif

Great stuff guys, show the pollies how many of us medicinal/recreational users are fed up with the law!! I'm only sorry I'm over west, I'd love to be there brash :P

Considering the amount of time that's still left before the 2005 global MJ march, I don't see why all of the states couldn't get involved, I know there's a few OS over west that'd like to be in it. Nominate someone from each state, rally as many folks as you can, and get out there to show your support for law reform Oz wide!! :D

What do you guys think? We could also have a nation-wide smoke-in at the same time :B):

Guest niall
Considering the amount of time that's still left before the 2005 global MJ march, I don't see why all of the states couldn't get involved, I know there's a few OS over west that'd like to be in it. Nominate someone from each state, rally as many folks as you can, and get out there to show your support for law reform Oz wide!! B)

I don't see why not either, it just seems to be very hard to motivate people and encourage them to get involved. Not a single person responded to my call for a Million Marijuana March 2004 in Perth - not one :D

I've been extremely busy myself over the last few months, but I'll be taking MA to the streets in paper form by year's end so hopefully that will reach another segment of our community, get some advertising revenue going and start raising awareness of our plight and our online communities.

If anyone would like to get involved in WA *please* get in contact with me or Chev or Tom or Luke or any of us over here.

well , it's frontline fighting .... most people are scared to lose & be at the mercy of the police & Law ... we all know at the moment , they hold power over us .. with their guns & brute force & laws , & jails & fines... threats of retribution & confiscation ... etc. all dirty tactics justified by their LAWS ...

THE LAW must be changed ... lobby for law reform .. & the cops & the judges won't have anything to convict you about ...

NEWS ... RADIO ... TV ... PRESS .... EMAIL .... FLYERS .... POSTERS ... STUDENT NEWSLETTERS .... EVENTS .... ONLINE GROUPS >>>

articles , interviews , photos , reports , petitions , rallies , smoke ins ,

tell people you know , civil disobedience ....

RESIST & DEFY ... raise the HUE & CRY

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT ... or be bullied for ever.