Qld Pettition For Legalization

E-PETITIONS CONFIRMATION

Thank you Mr  xxxxxxxxxx

Your name has been added to the Legalise cannabis for recreational use in Queensland E-Petition as specified below.

Please print this page if you require confirmation.

TO: The Honourable the Speaker and Members of the Legislative Assembly of Queensland

Queensland citizens draws to the attention of the House the illegality of cannabis use for recreational purposes, despite less harmful long and short term side effects than clearly observed with alcohol and tobacco.

Your petitioners, therefore, request the House to legalise cannabis Sativa, Indica and Ruderalis for recreational use in Queensland for 18+.

Fairly simple request, dunno what good it will do as it's not very detailed... but I signed anyway

Edited by bufo marinus

Please note, however, that as provided by the Parliament of Queensland Act 2001 (Qld), tabled petitions, including tabled e-petitions, can be read or copied by anyone upon request at the Queensland Parliament’s Table Office. A tabled petition, including a tabled e-petition, will contain the name and address of all people who have signed the petition, and in the case of e-petitions only, also the email address of all people who have joined the e-petition.

i just dont trust em!! at all!!! lol

id love to sign... but not if anyone can get my name and address..just by applying!

i think decrim is enough.. good luck.

• Upvote 3

Yeah all valid points for sure Cyclops and sirvape :) and thanks for posting that info as well.

My angle is a little different. I've lost jobs, had my house trashed numerous times by cops, been the pariah in the street I live in for no good reason, had my name slandered across southern Qld,..... for what? Gardening without a license? Dangerous gardening?....

I've written to the Qld Minister for Health seeking permission to use cannabis, they already know me... Quite simply I have reached the end of my tether with the second rate citizen view 'normal' people have of me. I've had enough! To me signing that petition will just be another step along the path. I know which side of the path I'm on :) and it makes me feel good saying so sometimes.

:pipe: :)

• Upvote 2

While I have similar concerns regarding the public availability of my details, I am also aware that as a hobbyist, I am unlikely to be targeted, furthermore, it is our right as citizens of a democracy to petition the government regarding laws we feel require changing. I do not believe signing the petition will be likely to put me at risk of unwanted attention. Furthermore, it is high time we stood up for our rights, rather than hiding in the corner avoiding the limelight. I believe if there was a truly united stand against the current laws, our view will be heard.

Therefore, after careful consideration I signed

• Upvote 3

No one ever said you have to use your own address

bump

this is true! but i cant feel easy putting my name on a QLD Government document which implies i enjoy an illegal activity, punishable by qld Law. 

I truely want to be counted.. but in a safer manner...  call me paranoid ..whatever,, im not doin time!!

' I am also aware that as a hobbyist, I am unlikely to be targeted,'  hey Ford just wondering how you became aware of this 'unlikely hobbiest' idea?? ..  whilst id like to think that would be true.. i dont know?

peace

Vape4life

i live in the same Hope... i see it as long as its not a commercial operation, the laws would go easier.. but i still just like to have peace of mind im doing everything possible to keep my nose clean. 

peace 

Vape4life

i just hope your right when push comes to shove..