Fixing outdoor soil

JasonWr

Water. Keep soaking it (drip over a long time). Break it up. You can get soil conditioners like mushroom compost from any hardware/garden store. Worm castings is all I ever use - just turned a patch of grey, lifeless soil into a lush bounty in one afternoon by watering, turning over and mixing worm poo throo. Get onto it ..

you can use peatmoss for clay type soils i believe, otherwise dig it all up, few feet into the ground by however big of a patch you want need or available, and just replace the lot, starting from scratch, compost etc get it right the first time.

drainage is heaps important with all plants, so make sure you have excellent drainage, a ph tester wouldn't go astray, i don't have one and get along but if your having problems with your grow one would be a good investment as fluctuations of ph level in your soil will really shit on your crop. other than that it's really only the obvious: sunlight blah blah.

best of luck.

patience is deffinately a virtue with outtdoor growing :rolleyes: as i have found out, best off looking after them till they start maturing from seedling, then forget about them (if water etc isn't an issue)

~Boe~