Medicial Marijuana Thoughts

Dad1973

Question

Hi Guys and Gals,

I just wanted to share my thoughts and rants on Marijuana for medical use.  I just watched the Woody Harrelson documentary and was astounded to hear that pre-1930's, Marijuana was prescribed by doctors for many ailments and that once the US removed alcohol prohibition, the bastards had nothing better to do than go after pot...then for some stupid reason the US convinces almost every other country to do the same thing...ridiculous considering I read nobody has ever died from overdosing on marijuana!  Alcohol takes and ruins so many lives.  One of my high school classmates was beheaded when he was drunk and slammed into a tree..   But the other guy in high school used to smoke pot with the school gardner and although the gardening shed had dangerous tools in it, they only ended up laughing, sharing stories and having a good time..

my other gripe is why the governments deem marijuana to have no medicinal therapeutic value...and why they wont let researchers have access to it to disprove the b/s...   I mean seriously, I have degeneratic arthritis...which means it is untreatable and progressivly gets worse...i spent 2 years on 200mg Tramadol daily and after a while i became used to it, making it innefective.  Nobody told me pot has anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties..  nobody told me that pot actually inhibits cancer cells and destroys them...nobody told me that pot can help stop epilepsy seizures, or remove chronic anxiety or help alleviate major depression..or the use of CBD to treat my autistic brain to fill in the missing pieces that dont work properly...

I feel mad and majorly ripped off...  Big Pharma is probably behind all this.  Im guessing if people really knew the plant was a powerhouse of medicine the companies producing pills would be out of business..

so, once again, greed over the welfare of common people... 

Anyway, Im still researching, and have found that society have been brainwashed to think pot will send you crazy or ruin your life...and only now do i realize that the statement is true of a society without pot. 

Yeah, rant over, but will post here with more info as I find it.

(The silver lining here is that after years of chronic pain and various other ailments, im finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.)

Cheers

• Upvote 5

Concentrates involve some sort of process to attain the final product, most involve a solvent of some sort. If the extract is to be used for medicinal purposes, then it had better be of the purest and sterile nature so as not to bring further harm to the patient.

In this country, you would be hard pressed to find a manufacturer who takes the time and care to produce quality, medicinal extracts that are safe for others to use, 100%, therefore, bud, dry seive and bubble hash are really the only logical choice at the moment, for cannabis medicating individuals.

The option of manufacturing your own isn't always a viable one for all patients medicating with cannabis either.

Hey all was watching a doco on CNN few days back called WEED: Dr. Sanjay Gupta Reports. Made this year sometime, talks about the medical benefits of cannabis, interviews patients who use it medically. But one story got me was about a little girl who was having 300 seizures a week, after trying everything the decided to go cannabis. Long story short the young girl has made a unreal turn around only having 1 a week and learning things.

The strain she was having was named after her by the 6 Stanley brothers who heard about charlottes story and was willing to help. They developed a strain with 1% THC AND 20% CBD and called it CHARLOTTES WEB.

Cheers haze

Hey all was watching a doco on CNN few days back called WEED: Dr. Sanjay Gupta Reports. Made this year sometime, talks about the medical benefits of cannabis, interviews patients who use it medically. But one story got me was about a little girl who was having 300 seizures a week, after trying everything the decided to go cannabis. Long story short the young girl has made a unreal turn around only having 1 a week and learning things.

The strain she was having was named after her by the 6 Stanley brothers who heard about charlottes story and was willing to help. They developed a strain with 1% THC AND 20% CBD and called it CHARLOTTES WEB.

Cheers haze

hey haze I watched that a couple night ago the girl you speak of doesn't need a feeding tube anymore starting to talk and play more like a normal kid I watched it thought it was great.  

Jigger, thats pretty amazing.  Sorry about remembering names, but thanks for your thoughts on medical use. 

I did see that Gupta documentary, it was amazing.  The strain for the little girl is called Charlottes Web.  its open source and free for growers in parts of the US.  seeds, cutting etc that is, for the people that need it.

Now as Pain is subjective, Louise pointed out cannabis doesnt alleviate her pain.  Everyones body is very different and how they react to medications, pot etc is very different too.

Ive been speaking to an Epilepsy admin about their community and he tells me the Epilepsy community is well aware that pot 'may' alleviate seizures, but then he went on to say that the Epilepsy people are divided in the area and are not all agreeing. 

I'll post the Gupta Youtube vid, if i can , later today.

Cheers;)

There are 3 2 names behind the Mr Nice Seedbank and Research... Shantibaba (collector/breeder earlier of GHS), Howard Marks (convicted hash smuggler) and Neville Schoenmaker (early collector/breeder, who sold up his seed interests in the late 1980's).

There is some debate as whether or not Neville Schoenmaker is actively involved with MNS or whether he just lends his name to up the street cred of the organisation.

Just like to update this as Shantibaba has publicly distanced himself from Neville Schoenmaker and his version of cannabis history in the Netherlands.

Im not up on the history as such, but I did research Shantibaba and his seedbank.  Reading his forums, the guy really seems to have a passion for plants. 

before I forget, someone on the previous page was asking about medical cannabis in Australia etc.  Mullaways distributes medicinal tinctures in NSW, but their head guy has been locked up for helping people!  Seems the helpers are still working on the project while he is inside.

Cheers, thanks louise.

Im not up on the history as such, but I did research Shantibaba and his seedbank.  Reading his forums, the guy really seems to have a passion for plants. 

before I forget, someone on the previous page was asking about medical cannabis in Australia etc.  Mullaways distributes medicinal tinctures in NSW, but their head guy has been locked up for helping people!  Seems the helpers are still working on the project while he is inside.

Cheers, thanks louise.

Mullaway was released when his appeal was upheld, he served 6 weeks.

Naycha :peace:

I have fibromyalgia and cannabis has never fully taken away my pain.  It has definitely numbed me but I find that cannabis is a different kind of pain management drug to opiates.  Opiates actually make the pain go away whereas cannabis makes the pain considerably more manageable by the slight numbing/relaxant properties it has combined with the change of mental attitude.  Because I don't suffer as much and I'm happier I'm able to move on with life and not let my medical issues bring me down.  Opiates on the other hand take away the pain but are full on couch lockers that make you feel like your stomach is rotting away which ends your day through sickness or the inability to move.  Low doses of opiates mixed with high doses of cannabis gets the best of both worlds for me but the potential for spiraling into old habits is far too high so even though I could easily get wicked strong pills I choose to remain in pain but functional on cannabis alone.  It sucks but no drug is ever perfect and everyone is different so we just need to weigh up all our options and choose the one that suits our own personal needs the best.

• Upvote 4

I have fibromyalgia and cannabis has never fully taken away my pain.  It has definitely numbed me but I find that cannabis is a different kind of pain management drug to opiates.  Opiates actually make the pain go away whereas cannabis makes the pain considerably more manageable by the slight numbing/relaxant properties it has combined with the change of mental attitude.  Because I don't suffer as much and I'm happier I'm able to move on with life and not let my medical issues bring me down.  Opiates on the other hand take away the pain but are full on couch lockers that make you feel like your stomach is rotting away which ends your day through sickness or the inability to move.  Low doses of opiates mixed with high doses of cannabis gets the best of both worlds for me but the potential for spiraling into old habits is far too high so even though I could easily get wicked strong pills I choose to remain in pain but functional on cannabis alone.  It sucks but no drug is ever perfect and everyone is different so we just need to weigh up all our options and choose the one that suits our own personal needs the best.

Very well put, I do some of both,down alot from start on Opiates after breaking back and hips.

• Upvote 1

Yep, well put.  I also have fibromyalgia and also find cannabis to have a similar effect.  Difference for me is that I don't use opiates (horrible side effects), and I also have to be careful of some strains, and not consuming too much, as these can cause me to get tense instead of relaxed which worsens the problem.  Feeling the difference at the moment though as I am getting ready for a job interview that involves a drug test.  Sucks because I also have to avoid excess use of painkillers like Panadol, aspirin, and Nurofen, for various side effects.

Also have to agree with Ford Fairlane about depends on type of pain.  Gut cramps etc, it works a treat, but I reckon that's more to do with treating the cause of the pain rather than the pain.