Any Australians with knowledge about Blunts?

It says on Wikipedia a "Blunt is a slang term for cannabis rolled with the tobacco-leaf "wrapper" from an inexpensive cigar called a blunt. Blunts take their name from Phillies Blunt brand cigars, although any commonly available inexpensive cigar or cigarillo is likely to be used, due to suitability and availability. Another common term for a blunt is an "El-P" or "L", a reference to the El Producto brand. In the tobacco industry, a blunt is defined as a cigar which is wider than a cigarillo and not quite as wide as a Corona. A cigarillo that has been split and re-rolled with marijuana is called a blunt in cannabis culture."

Now I know what a blunt is but there's something else I found which is that Blunts was created a trend that started in the early to mid 80's in the inner cities & ghettos of U.S and so it seems that Blunts are an American thing so that's the very question I want to ask is that has anyone in Australia who has smoked, made or know anything about blunts because I do know that tobacco stores have cigar tobacco papers but I wouldn't where to start?

​So is there anybody with experience?

Yea i have an American mate here who smokes them and esp on 4/20 we always roll up a few but tbh i don't like em. Don't smoke with tobacco in my weed and i much prefer bongs to joints. The other turn off is the flavoured wraps, sweet smooth well cured cannabis flavour is what i'm looking for not some artificial stuff. 

peace

c

• Upvote 2

In Holland me mates wrap the  cannabis in tobacco leaf (blunt), then dip the joint in honey, scrape it off and let it dry.... sweet smoko....

But to be honest the tobacco taste is very strong in a blunt, and for anyone who's smoked a cigar... it's not excactly pleasant inhaling a massive hit of cigar wrap smoke... lol .

Suppose it just looks cool.... and if all the cool kids are doin it......... Peace. Nibbler

• Upvote 1

lol nibbs.

i know of blunts but cant say i have ever tried one. i smoke joints primarily, not much of a bong man and i prefer these

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/24-RAW-Organic-Rolls-54mm-Width-100-Natural-Unrefined-Vegan-Rolling-Paper-/161004848095?pt=UK_Collectables_Tobacciana_Smoking_LE&hash=item257ca303df

they are made from 100%organic pure hemp so they dont affect the tase or flavour of your delicious cured weed. they are larger than normal papers so its easy to roll a nice fat joint.

if you havnt tried them i highly recomend you try and find some. i dont know where you get them locally as i have a friend in the states that buys them in bulk and just sends me a few packs whenever im running low.

Edited by forgetiwashere

The wrap on a cigar is paper made from tobacco. You can buy it on a roll (pregummed) from Brown Sugar... I like their choc mint wrap the best.

Tobacco paper is much thicker than regular rolling papers, takes a little time to get used to rolling it, but if you like the way cigars taste then you'll enjoy a blunt. If you don't use tobacco or like the taste of cigars... maybe blunts just aren't for you.

Check out your local headshop or mens specialty shop like menzbitz, you can pick up packs of flavoured or unflavored blunt wraps otherwise just do as iTic suggested as its the way things originally were. To be honest I dont like the flavoured blunt wraps, they seem to be not that great quality when compared to what is found on a decent cigar.

The next time i do a blunt I'll probably throw away all the bluntwraps i currently have (all the flavoured ones) and instead will attempt to make a blunt out of these:: http://eacarey.jimcode.org/shop/hav-a-tampa-jewels-vanilla-birchwood-tip-cigars.html

Out of all the cheaper cigars I've had those are well above average for cheapies, have a nice flavor that doesn't seem too artificial, a birchwood tip that is also flavored and a rather smooth smoke. When completely ripped it's felt like smoking marshmellows. Places that sell these typically are happy to sell you one rather than a pack btw