Chronicles Of Riddick

http://starseeker.com/films/chronicl.jpg

About fucking time. I dunno when its coming out or if its any good but Pitch Black was a ripper of a flick in my opinion and I look forward to seeing my favourite mass murderer back in action.

Based upon a story concept by David Hayter, this sequel to the surprise sci-fi hit "Pitch Black" features new exploits of the hero-convict Riddick, who can see in the dark.

When Pitch Black came out in 2002 starring an unknown Vin Diesel as escaped convict with the ability to see in the dark, it became a surprise hit, reaping around $40 million on a budget of just $23 million. Still Universal execs did not regard the film to be a blockbuster and talk of doing sequels was shelved, even though director David Twohy was keen on building a franchise. However, the film's stature as a sci-fi favorite coupled with the rise of Vin Diesel to superstardom re-ignited interest in doing at least one sequel, with two more in the works if the first one meets commercial success.

The Chronicles of Riddick portrays Riddick (Vin Diesel) in the 26th century as being caught up in a galactic war featuring Lord Marshal (Colm Feore), the leader of a sect waging the so-called 10th Crusade. Aiding Riddick is an Ambassador of the "Elemental" race named Aereon (Judi Dench), who helps Riddick to learn the secrets of his origin. Compared to Pitch Black, the sequel focuses much more on Riddick (Vin Diesel) and follows him through multiple worlds as he meets multiple adversaries in an epic mythology style of film.

According toTwohy, "There's a lot of theology in it. Even though I'm not a religious guy, I am very interested in religion and why people turn to it." Also, while many regarded Pitch Black to be a horror film, Chronicles of Riddick will be an action/adventure saga, although with a darker flavor than past sagas such as Star Wars.

::D:

Edited by Chong