Closet Cultivator

:D I had this book a long time ago and read it from cover to cover a number of times. I found it to be pretty useful for growing indoors, especially for smaller personal style growers.

:D It covered the basics well: light, ventilation, different types of watering systems, mediums and cloning.

:D I found the section on lights to be the most useful as it explained how much light you need and the varying impacts of light levels.

:angry: The section on watering systems was the weakest especially the active reciculating systems.

I gave it away because there wasnt much in it that I couldnt already remember anyway. The information on this sight is far more comprehensive but it is kind of scattered around while grow books do put it in a sort of order.

;)

I used to have that too. Bought it in Newtown I think. The big second hand books store there. They have a counter full of pot guides directly in front of the sales counter. Ed Rosenthals big books were available and I grabbed those too. Closet Cultivator gives all the basics for setting up a hidden indoor grow. They could have told me more about the paranoia which comes along around the time your plants are getting big. All in all a very good book but getting a bit old now. I must have bought my copy over 10 years ago. Not that much of the information would be out of date.

Completely agree with you.

It was he first indoor grow guide that I ever read and It was very simple to understand. And very useful reference to produce questions for the hydroshop guys as a new grower.

Does the shop in Newton, Sydney? Still stock second hand grow guides I thought that grow guides were illegal in Australia?

Does any book ever cover the paranoia of being busted or ripped off?

Never been busted. But have been ripped off!!!

I think I bought it for the cover. It had this really cool picture of a pot plant sticking out of a cupboard door. I think it was blue.

If you live in Sydney you can either go to Newtown and ask someone where the big secondhand store is or pick up the yellow pages and look it up. Call them and ask. I haven't been there in years. I'd say its probable the books are still there. They were legal back then but who knows today. I'm fairly certain books aren't illegal yet but I honestly don't follow the law that closely. I think its only things like growlights and bongs they can get you for and only if they can prove you are using them for pot.

• Admin
I'm fairly certain books aren't illegal yet but I honestly don't follow the law that closely.

Anything that incites illegal activity in Australia is illegal, this is due to our often unknown lack of freedom of speech. Even most safety guides regarding illegal drugs are also banned here.