Sativex pain relief spray soon to be available in Oz.

Outlaw

Question

While hemp is legal to grow in most states of Australia. I reckon the reason why hemp has not taken off, is due to the level of governmental support and the internal strength of the cotton industry and the fossil fuels industries in Australia.

Moreover, due to the relative infancy of this industry the price to produce hemp products, possibly, outweighs the price of producing oil and cotton products, this may be further exsaperated by the price of labour in Australia compared to countries like china and India.

If this is the case, and we were to produce the raw product here, we would need to ship it overseas for production before buying it back, possibly negating many of  the positives due to the volume of pollution created in the movement of the raw and finished products, not to mention the sub-standard environmental policy of the regions that can produce the products at a price we westerners are willing to pay.

This is just off the top of my head and I could be completely wrong, so I welcome some learned responses (and other hypothesis also)..: Anyone got another explaination?