Home Made Bongs

Guest enzo

i know that homemade bongs are seriously poisonous as using plastic creates toxic fumes, having said that,

i was wondering what the parameters were for creating a good billy, i.e water levels, dimensions of the shotter and other things,

see despite the fact that it'll kill me, i have some sentimental attachment to homemade bongs, and am a big fan,

i'd appreciate some more in-depth info and some idea's on making fancy ones etc.

thanks

p.s i'm a new member, so i'm not excactly sure where to post this if u need to move it, please feel free

You mean like the old orchy bottle bongs that litter parks and school yards? Christ! I haven't made one of those in 10 years. You can make a whole bong out of crap like foil for the cone and a bit of cut off garden hose for the tube. Getting it in snug was the only challenging part. A bic lighter would soften up the plastic and you just pushed the bugger through and held it there till it hardened. Sometimes we used cola cans to make cones. The better ones had a pipe and cone from the tobacconist. You might as well have just bought a decent bong.

By the way this is the news forum and your interest in amateur bomb making(oops) I mean BONG making.....hell, the FBI will be knocking on my door now......your interest in this isn't exactly hard hitting article material. Unless you have a source..... lol

Edited by Chong

hi enzo,

welcome to OZstoners.com ... well about 5 years ago when i was back in high school i'd always skip school and the teachers made me go into this drug abuse class and this lady was teaching us about how to use drugs properly. Well she told me not to use a plastic bong twice coz of the fumes.

I wouldnt bother with plastic bong unless it was the last option, seriously go and buy a ceramic or glass bong its worth the money coz spending $20 - $50 will make you live longer. lol

~ peace

go buy a stem, cone and gromeit from the tabbacinist or a hippy shop then buy a dimand tip driil that is a little bit bigger than the stem at a hard ware store and then find a good glass bottle ( sambuca bottles are great ) dill your hole put the gromit in slide in the stem put some water in pack a cone then get stoned.

there simple!!!!

I used to make alcoholic and other type glass bottle bongs for mates when I was a teen.

I'd do it the hard way tho. No diamond tipped drill for me. :) I used an old pair of stainless steel scissors and literally tapped my way through them things. Well, more like chipped. You have to fill the bottle with sand to provide some stability, and once you've chipped for a while it helps to moisten and wipe away the shards of glass. I'd also advise wearing safety glasses, those shards can fly away really quickly before you know it. The point of breaking through the glass is the most crucial, as if you tap too hard, or too quickly, you'll just shatter the bottle. Once you're nearly through the glass, you need to slow right down and then it's a process of chipping at the edges of the hole once breached. :) :) A grommet, a stem, a cone, you've got yaself a bong.

Takes a while, but once you get the hang of it, and with a little sand paper and a pencil to smooth out the edges of the holes, you can make a damn good bong.

Once made one with a crown lager bottle with a double bent stem that was bloody perfect. It cracked in transit across the country tho, and I never bothered making another. Ah well. Also made on out of a hemp beer bottle too.. I may even still have one of those sitting around somewhere.... hmmm... might try and dig that out one day.

But yeah, bottle bongs rock. :)

U can use those jucey bottles but DONOT use garden hose as that is were u will get all the bad shit from as the hose heats up that is were u get all the bad shit from, if u like home made bongs u could go and get ya self some copper pipe to use as a stem u can get copper pipe that a slip in cane sits in just rite but u are just better off getting ya self a shop brought bong and imo glass is the best.