weed makes u dumb

Realistically all an IQ test measures is the examinee's ability to correctly complete an IQ test.

'Intelligence' is nothing more than a concept that differs greatly depending on which culture/society you belong to.

Naycha :peace:

lol, agreed, I did an IQ test- I rekkon it tests ur ability to tollerate bordom. seriously boring test!!!

I didnt finish it, I walked out. lol

Edited by iTiC

I've heard of other studies on the radio that state marijuana users are better problem solvers - the reason? the reason why "pot makes you dumb" is due to it killing off neuron pathways (however it does this, same as alcohol etc) in your head however as old ones die your brain creates new ones - pot users are actively creating new neuron pathways which allows us to think up multiple possible answers for a problem (ie. problem solving).

I would have to agree with this, apart from the point about pot making you dumb. If anything, since smoking regularly, when I am sober, it feels like I am more comprehensive and generally firing on more cylinders than other people.

Marijuana definitely changes your brain, but I think in a positive way so long as you keep it exercised. A pot head that does nothing to educate themselves, will be just as dumb as any sober person who also does no self education.

Far out - why would so many cultures have sit downs, groundations, reasonings, and group philosophy sessions when they smoke? Answer is obvious ... Stupid fear mongering smear campaigns that the media love to run... An IQ test is a crap way to judge "smartness" anyway, I thought that's why the popularity around IQ tests had dropped.

I'd love to get into politics with Cannabis acceptance as my number one priority - regardless of whether it's a vote winner or not! Someone has to bring the topic into mainstream light and keep pushing it to reverse the 1900's propaganda created by the US.

I could crap on about this all night but I'll shut up...

we should talk, you sound just like me. :joint: :bonghit:

Edited by buzz lighthead

Dumbed down by an education .....Just because you leave school with an education doesnt make you educated 

If cannabis is to blame it is only because you smoked and never did anything else like ,reading ,experienced things outside of your comfort zone or travelled ,challenged yourself or left the couch

Comfortable ignorance makes you dumber than anything else .....Question everything 

Ignorance, in other words, is often more comfortable than knowledge. Or, at least, to a point. Knowledge, after all, is power. So why don't more people seek it? I think because the path to that power is not short. 

Somewhere along the line, I remember learning that there are four stages of knowledge. The first is when you don't know what you don't know. (Ignorance). The next stage, when you get shaken out of that blissful ignorance, is when you know what you don't know. The third stage, as you accumulate more knowledge but still are painfully aware of how much you don't know, is when you don't know what you know. And the fourth, which I call the Zen Master stage, is when you know what you know.

Unfortunately, the distance between ignorance and mastery is usually fairly long. And the only two positions in that process that are comfortable are the first, and the last. To surrender the comfort of ignorance is to step onto a path that will be uncomfortable for quite some time before the confidence of the Zen Master can be attained. And, of course, the cycle never ends. Even Zen Masters have to keep stepping out of their comfort zones in order to keep learning and retain the strong,
And when you think you know everything.... you know nothing 
And when you admit you know nothing then you know everything 

http://stonerthings.com/7-famous-cannabis-smoking-geniuses/

Yes cardrona very deep , sounds like it could be a few philosophical views there, something maybe the Dali larmer might say, knowledge is like most things , there needs to be a hunger for it as in anything in life u want to achieve

Ppl often ask how I throw a dart with my hand and still be 1 of the better players at the club, I explain that to keep playing at that level I practice maybe 20/30 hrs a week , they get pissed they can't beat a cripple but aren't prepared to do what it takes to get to the level they can

Probably lost a few friends over the years because I speak my mind , if I think it's crap I tell them, better to hear from me than on the grapevine

Being part aboriginal and my best friend was Chinese, his father taught us how to defend ourselves and use this knowledge and wisdom he passed on to us

His legacy to me is that if I take something on whether it be a sport , pretty much whatever I do , immerse myself and practice or read and become as good as I can at it

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

• Upvote 1

Yes cardrona very deep , sounds like it could be a few philosophical views there, something maybe the Dali larmer might say, knowledge is like most things , there needs to be a hunger for it as in anything in life u want to achieve

Ppl often ask how I throw a dart with my hand and still be 1 of the better players at the club, I explain that to keep playing at that level I practice maybe 20/30 hrs a week , they get pissed they can't beat a cripple but aren't prepared to do what it takes to get to the level they can

Probably lost a few friends over the years because I speak my mind , if I think it's crap I tell them, better to hear from me than on the grapevine

Being part aboriginal and my best friend was Chinese, his father taught us how to defend ourselves and use this knowledge and wisdom he passed on to us

His legacy to me is that if I take something on whether it be a sport , pretty much whatever I do , immerse myself and practice or read and become as good as I can at it

well said Mate ..I went to China as an 8 year old blew my mind as an Aussie kid ...As for the natives I have fully embraced there ways almost to believe I am a re incarnation of Pemulwuy...I have found many sites even people who it is meant to mean something to don't get...Synchronicity is strong and everywhere.

Peace my friend ...We are born perfect and your best .....our best ....It is the layers of 500 years of deception .... that one must pull off.... layer by layer to reveal the truth .

You are not guilty of anything but being perfect ..

Just be ...

philosophy has a blanket over it...

hidden ...it is not lost .

the Akashic record is everywhere 

Just being

Edited by cardrona

My brother traced our heritage a while ago, don't know how much truth there is to it but he said our genetic makeup ( think that's what he said) was shown to have came from the Kurds ( the ppl from the darkness)

The Egyptians used them as protecters of their ppl and wealth

He was pretty down at the time and this sort of empowered him and gave him a sense of pride he found hard to get b4

Edited by micmac
  • Upvote 1