weed makes u dumb

hey mate think i read that one also read bout how they did a study on people who smoked in there teens and ones that started in the adult lives. they are trying to say that the study found it affected the ones that smoked early on in life they say it affected the brain coz it was still developing but when come to testing with adults they where fine with no affects because the brain was already developed some thing like that dont quote me exactly. dosent bother me didnt smoke much when i was a teen. :bonghit:

i would love to be a researcher for anything, especially the ones who count the endangered pandas or the fish in the sea.

As for the energy drinks u are right they are bad for any human child or adult, even the water we drink in some cases is not good for you. Thats why i boil or filter my water before i drink that shit. they tell you to let the water sit 4 24 hours b4 u go near ur plants ask urself y is that.

I've heard of other studies on the radio that state marijuana users are better problem solvers - the reason? the reason why "pot makes you dumb" is due to it killing off neuron pathways (however it does this, same as alcohol etc) in your head however as old ones die your brain creates new ones - pot users are actively creating new neuron pathways which allows us to think up multiple possible answers for a problem (ie. problem solving).

I would have to agree with this, apart from the point about pot making you dumb. If anything, since smoking regularly, when I am sober, it feels like I am more comprehensive and generally firing on more cylinders than other people.

Marijuana definitely changes your brain, but I think in a positive way so long as you keep it exercised. A pot head that does nothing to educate themselves, will be just as dumb as any sober person who also does no self education.

Far out - why would so many cultures have sit downs, groundations, reasonings, and group philosophy sessions when they smoke? Answer is obvious ... Stupid fear mongering smear campaigns that the media love to run... An IQ test is a crap way to judge "smartness" anyway, I thought that's why the popularity around IQ tests had dropped.

I'd love to get into politics with Cannabis acceptance as my number one priority - regardless of whether it's a vote winner or not! Someone has to bring the topic into mainstream light and keep pushing it to reverse the 1900's propaganda created by the US.

I could crap on about this all night but I'll shut up...

• Upvote 4

So drugs hurt the develepmont of children's brains :o who woulda thunk..... Seriously what is the govt doing about these energy drinks that kids like to tweek off nowadays, or the fact that its normal for a 12 yr old to drink coffee round these parts?

I was thinking about this the other day looking at a 13-14 year old with a cafe coffee .........I cant remember kids drinking coffee when I was a kid...times change I suppose

Cheers :unknw: Brimstond

Marijuana definitely changes your brain, but I think in a positive way so long as you keep it exercised. A pot head that does nothing to educate themselves, will be just as dumb as any sober person who also does no self education.

The brain is a muscle, with or without cannabis it needs constant exercise like any muscle. I've always said the same thing, yes there are dumb stoners, but they're the people who chose cannabis over everything else rather than incorporating it into their lives seamlessly, or as a side/fun thing to do

An IQ test is a crap way to judge "smartness" anyway, I thought that's why the popularity around IQ tests had dropped.

The IQ test is a test to determine how proficient that person is in thinking logically. That's all it is, a logic test.

That being said, it can determine a person's ability to make the right decision, I suppose that's an intelligent thing to do.

But you're right, IQ tests seem to have lessened in importance over the years.

Edited by Cerberus