what PH meter do you use and how long has it lasted?

Cheers Louise :blush:

No worries Vinno, we were all newbs once. For the record I use eT (EziTest) pens for pH and ec, cost about $15 each. It was more expensive to buy the cleaning and calibration solutions. They are over a year old now and still reading accurately. I rinse them with each use and clean and recalibrate once a month, but there is rarely any drift.

If it uses a glass probe its as good or as bad as the rest. My $13 pen from china is going on 2 years old and it still reads like new. The secret is maintenance of those crappy and very delicate glass probes, if you keep them clean, calibrated and always stored in electrode storage solution they read correctly, on the other hand if you let the dry out even a little bit, it may take a while for the probe to work correctly again, if at all. Its fucking 2017, you would think science would have come up with a more reliable way to test PH by now

After everytime i use it i give it a quick rinse under tap water to wash off anything, then it lives in a shot glass of storage solution

Edited by Xanode

How important is the storage in storage solution?

I bought a Milwaukee one recently. Its a Hanna type I believe.

Got calibration fluid which showed how out of wack my existing one was.

My tap water was 6.8 or so I thought. Turns out it is 5.3-5.4.

Thankfully the babies are starting to look a bit better now.

I use both of them as I don't trust either.

One is an ezi brand and the other as mentioned is Milwaukee. They look identical however.