lighting and plants ?

ok i am using a grow space of 18in wide and 32in tall. What kind of lighting and how much watts should i use. Also how many plants would u recommend growing in this area. I would like to get 2-3 ounces. I also heard that it was good to foilar feed(you know where you dissolve fertilizer in warm water and spray on leaves to feed it about 1.5 months after plant has sprouted)and i heard it was bad which is it.

It would be very hard if not impossible to get 2-3 ounces in that little space IMO.

To get 2-3 ounces you would need a 250watt MH or HPS in a space that is about 2.5 feet wide, 1.5 foot deep and minimum four foot high. Look in the Indoor section of the Growing FAQ for info on SCROG. Which is what I'd suggest you do if you want to grow in a small space with a small light.

Could possibly do it with fluoros as well, and because fluoros can be really close to your plants could possibly get away with a shorter box as well.

Some use foliar feeding to give their plants a boost. It can be bad in flower because the moisture on buds can cause mould.

thanks for the tips i forgot to mention that the box is 1ft and 4 inches deep. I also wanted to know if you could tell me how to get fresh air in without having to open the door and pump air out and is 20-20-20 fertilizer with trace minerals(copper,magnanese) good for vegative and flowering or just one of them. and if so whats a good fertilizer for the other one.