Hey guys,

Im vegging some girls, and they are coming along nicely.

Though, the other day, the most established one's

upper half of leaves started curling up and going all weird.

All the other ones are fine, and I dont really have heating issues as I'm using a cool tube.

Indoor

Growing Medium: Coco

Watering/Feeding Frequency: 3 days

Nutrient Strength (PPM/EC): 1.6

PH Levels: 5.8

Temperature/Humidity Levels: 26-28

Air Flow/Fans etc.: centrifugal

Lighting Type 600 son T

Growth Stage: Veg

Cannabis Strain: Tangareen Dream

Advice appreciated.

post-13422-0-16180400-1331877657_thumb.jpg

post-13422-0-73786800-1331877692_thumb.jpg

is there any other changes on the plant? any discoloration or anything on lower leaves, rusty coloured spots anything?

are leaves a darker colour green than normal?

it looks like a def of some kind, flush with ph'd water then resume feeding with half strength nutes and see what happens.

how often do u flush, u shouldnt just feed every three days u need to flush roughly once a week so salts dont build up imo. that could cause a lock out

The pics are a little close up for me and hps dosnt help with colour. Gotta say I had similarly effected new growth from a virus that went through my grow.

The clincher for diagnosing that seemed to be the very pronounced sideways hooked leaf here and there.

Yours will be easier to tell with true color pics taking more of the whole plant in.

Interesting... :scratchin:

How old is the plant ? How long does it take for the plant to dry out, i see your feeding frequency is every 3 days ... does the plant dry out after one day and then you dont water it for a few days ? ... try 1.0 ec every 2 days ...... what could be occuring is a buildup .... feed it 1.6 it dries out ... then feed it 1.6 afterwards ... if theres not much runoff there is built-up salts in the medium so its like 1.6+.4ec (.4 remains in the medium when you water with 1.6 next watering...) what occurs is everytime you feed it the nutrient buildup increases just a little and you notice the mottling ..... a feed schedule like ..... 1.2ec and then a day later at half the ammt of water in a nute feed ...... and then 1.2ec and then so on (gradually increasing ec) .... what i am suggesting is ... a feed schedule where you remove built up salts ..... maybe feed water feed water, etc...... then you can keep your ec at the 1.6, but i think you should drop it back to say 1.2 ... every 2 days or so with a small watering inbetween nute feeds, dont let the medium dry out too much unless you want to increase metabolic rate but that shouldnt occur until later in the plants life in early bloom or 3 weeks in bloom ..... .. when it is fully established .... it could be tobacco mosaic virus .... probably a little too early to identify TMV yet though.... at 5.8 the macronutrients and micronutrients are most highly bioactive in the cannabis plant, so when you feed it the 1.6 it really notices it .....

peace n pot,

Edited by ind00rcultiv8r
  • Upvote 1

It's only the more established 2 that are affected.

Logic would say the less mature ones would be getting fucked by salt build up or overdoes.

I give it a big water ever 3 days, and a very little water over where it was trasplaned (pure clay ball clone into coco)

so that area still needs to get watered a little bit as it establishes into the coco.

I'm going to give them a big flush today

Hi cyclone :thumbsup:

Hi cyclone, I'm probably a bit late on this one , but looks a bit like broad mite, tiny mite u can't see with the naked eye. Attacks the top of the plant and causes curling and leaf distortion and eventually kills the plant. Had it a couple of times. Any mite spray will kill em.

Nay, things will be better ................... if you can see the insects pests, however (if their not black flys and 'airbourne' I doubt yuou can see them) don't panic.

cyclone .....It's only the more established 2 that are affected.

nd00rcultiv8r asking the right questions and the more information about the situation ,. envirmnent plant grow stage be helpful to all in setringas things off on the right track for you & your plant(s)

a picture of the whole plants .... as many as you can ...... but from the picture og what looks like twisted new growth that may possibly be due to a PH issue .................... imagine that some one cuts you air supply off I recon your face would look as skrunched up as those leaves :smoke:

fiwh .....is there any other changes on the plant? any discoloration or anything on lower leaves, rusty coloured spots anything? are leaves a darker colour green than normal?

correct line of questioning Anyhows but still no "ansers" to What the issue is. I'm not putting my money on any of thegiven the little information nor look for the pronlem possibilities, but move into prevention and stableiztion. Perhaps ifc I may offer what you can do immediately. Ask "Did I stuff up the mix." EC/PH - then Flush god , the flush again - let it rey out and resume feed when well dried first @ 1/4 streangth then incremental increase to 1.8ec. Check your PH meter batteries & calibration before you start this 3-5 day recovery opperation :db:

If the new grow apears to be normal (even fast or, slowed, and a more pail than usual & lightening (yellowing)of surronding folierage it is ikely something (PH/EC?) has led to, or leading to "nutrient lock-out"

Solution "Flush Flush & dry then resume as per above ....... :egyptdance:

:yinyang:

Nitty.