Best soils For Outdoor Grows

Was thinking the other day to ask yall for a nice mix for my plants for next season, want a couple of ideas off a few people or is it best to plant in the floor?

If anyone can link me the best soil mix or give me some ideas itll be highly regarded.

Also anybody know anything about using 'dead' Sheep under your plant for the roots to grow through the wool and for nuets.. ideas please.

aryan.

For a shop brough potting mix ya cant go past searles premium potting mix.

Have a read through the froum there are some mixers that members had put tougher that give them great results.

Back when i could grow outdoors i would dig a nice big hole throw a dead chook in the bottom the hole fill up with a good potting mix leave sit for 2 months before ya plant anything and it all ways did the trick for me, grew nice big healthy plants...

Hey Aryan .

If your guerrilla growing then see whats about locally. Grab a ph kit to test it. You cant beat rotted down compost/mixed with creek/river sand. You find pockets of this gear near the high water marks of creeks/rivers. Therl be diferent grades to depending how deep what you find. Its gold mate ;)

The bush around you should be full of good soil deposits here and there.

Other than that just the usual advise . cow shit , worm castings , used coco etc.. . Cant really go wrong...

Just on ferts if your keen to stay organic then katec super grow has the best npk ratio around that ive found . Most organic pellets lack enough potasium.

http://www.katekfertilizers.com.au/Organic-Super-Growth.html

While we're here after trying everykind of pot out there Ive found grow bags by far the easiest. They durable can get them as big as you need and stash really well.

http://www.gardencityplastics.com/Growingbags/WovenBags

Growing in the ground is preferable however.

Cheers :peace:

G'day A.

Organic mater is the trick. But I don't know about a sheep. I use blood and bone, compost, straw, lime, any manure and anything else laying around. If you have chooks, use the straw and manure from their pen. But dig it very well in, allow time, a couple of months at least, for it to break down from the worms/bacteria etc in the soil and you should be ok. In Vic I get started in about August, digging the soil and preparing the plot. Buy some Go-Go Juice, you can get it at Bunnings, about $15 for a litre, this is canned magic. Every plant on earth loves this stuff. I use Rose Focus for flowering, this works a treat, indoors or out. Send a PM if I can be of any help.

:guitar: :guitar: :guitar: