nute timeing

Hi

Ive just started a recirculating system 2 pots with expanded clay balls, under 400w light, the nute timing flows for 15min then stops for 30min, Im using a TDS meter @ 1.0 until theres a few more leaves then going to around 2.0 for the rest of the veg cycle, does this timing and strength sound ok?.

MADOGA

Close. Your timing should be about 15 mins every 2 hours or so, but you're using expanded clay, which is good. They may want more as they grow tho.

What's your base tds? and ph? Oh, and don't jump from 1.0 to 2.0 that quickly, you need to bring them up slowly. If you're using city tap water, which is usually around the .2 - .4 mark or so, (sometimes higher) and you're using clones, then I'd say give em around 1.2 - 1.4 or so, and then slowly raise from there. If you see any tips on the leaves dropping, or burning, then ease back, flush out the media, and start again at 3/4 or so of what you were at before.

Also, make sure you flush out the media weekly, this is one of the biggest mistakes made by newbie growers. When I say flush, I mean run straight, ph adjusted water until the water coming out is at the same tds as the water going in.

What kinda venting you got?

Guest weekprik
Also, make sure you flush out the media weekly, this is one of the biggest mistakes made by newbie growers. When I say flush, I mean run straight, ph adjusted water until the water coming out is at the same tds as the water going in.

I never do that, I only flush before harvest,

What does the flushing between do?? or should I ask what to expect from not flushing in weekly??

WP

thanks for the replies, Im growing in an ordinary built in cuboard converted for the purpose, nearly got the ventilation sorted out vent duct up to the roof and a fan with an ion generator and filter built in, real bargain at $5 from a garage sale, Im only using bag seed although it was a very nice smoke so I'll be taking a few clones b4 I flower. Im using rainwater which is 0.2 the tapwater went to .9, ph aroun 6.5, they've already got a 3 to 4 sets of leaves after nearly a week under lights I used small rockwool cubes to germinate, then under lights when the 1st serated leaves came out