Organic Hydro?

Hey everyone,

Im thinking about growing some organic hydro using SuperGrow/SuperBloom and Bud Res as booster...

Anyone tried any of these before? Im just looking at my hydro shops catalogue they are about the price as normal hydro nutes...

I like the idea of organic hydro looks easyier then chemical hydro and you get nice organic buds... :D

In the Description for Bud res it says "Natural product with flower inducing stimulants. Improves Flavour and fragrance. Use weekly at start of bloom until buds open then use superbloom foir rest of flowering"

So it must be made by same company.

In this catalogue is also Superflowers which sounds like the same compnay but it has no description and is 4x as much as Bud res (I assume they must both be boosters that most probably do the same thing)

Anyway i just wrote this thread to find out if people have used organic hydro and what nutes you used... And also if you have used the nutes above tell me how they were coz i will most probably buy some in the next week...

Thanks alot... sorry if my post is a bit hard to read :P

Guest Wilderbud

Im almost certain that the nutrients I used in my first real indoor grow was organic A+B grow and then bloom - the nutrients cost about $90 all up for 3L so it does sound like it was organic [i used it years ago so Im not certain]. I remember getting nutrient algae and you supposedly get this with organic only so theres another clue that I used organic - hehe. Use a air pump and itll keep your water clean in an organic hydro setup.

I grew in an expanded clay flood and drain system under a 400W SonTAgro and the plants grew an inch a day when I got it all worked out [took a few months to work out the PH and watering/feeding times]. I recommend expanded clay flood and drain if you want to go hydro - its not messy like perlite/vermiculture and you can water it most often out of any good medium.

Id love to tell you what the nutrient was I used but I have no idea at all - it rocked and Ill buy it for my next grow [the store I bought it from makes it IIRC].

I remember getting nutrient algae and you supposedly get this with organic only so theres another clue that I used organic - hehe.

Sorry Wilderbud, but algal growth isn't dependent on the nature of the nutes. It's light getting into the reservoir or inadequate cleaning of the system.

I've seen the "A + B Organics" range of hydro nutes. They're a recent comer to the hydroponic market, but I'm interested in em. Yeah, expensive as, $25 a litre, which is a fair sight higher than most. But it's the only complete, balanced, hydroponic nutrient out there which is derived entirely from organic processes. (Well, according to them anyway. ;) ) I'd love to try it, but really the only advantages IMO would be that it's good for the environment, marginally. By that I mean it's produced using natural bacteria and decomposition vermiculture processes harnessed to create specific nutrient availability and spectrums. Not that if you flush it into the ground it won't do exactly what all other concentrated nutrients will, and that's damage the environment through nutrient excess.

But I'd love to try it out. For those interested in getting an organic feel to their hydroponics, give coco/perlite mixes a go, they've given great results to many, myself included. Be aware tho, that as an organic based media, you have a lot more problems with pests and diseases generally than an equivalent sterile media. It has to do with the eventual breakdown... not much can be done except using it correctly and maintaining good prevention.

I've seen a lot of work done into aquaponics, using fish as a complimentary part of a hydroponics system. This has been used successfully in several instances for vegetable and home greenhouse crops, and the technology gets better all the time. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before a clever dick comes up with a self feeding, hydroponic ganga farm which gives ya stoned fish to fry up later.... ;)

Guest Wilderbud
I remember getting nutrient algae and you supposedly get this with organic only so theres another clue that I used organic - hehe.

Sorry Wilderbud, but algal growth isn't dependent on the nature of the nutes. It's light getting into the reservoir or inadequate cleaning of the system.

I've seen the "A + B Organics" range of hydro nutes. They're a recent comer to the hydroponic market, but I'm interested in em. Yeah, expensive as, $25 a litre, which is a fair sight higher than most. But it's the only complete, balanced, hydroponic nutrient out there which is derived entirely from organic processes. (Well, according to them anyway. ;) ) I'd love to try it, but really the only advantages IMO would be that it's good for the environment, marginally.

I had no problems with my light-proof nutrient reservoir until I bought the nutrients [i was using left-over solution until then].

Yes theres not much difference between organic and synthetic liquid nutrients - its all water, salts and minerals in the end but it feels good to choose organic and I think it makes the plants feel good also. ;)

I can certainly agree with you on that. I like to use the least harmful methods possible... Always looking for an organic option. But hydroponics is exactly what I need, I have fa space, so I really have to use it to effectively control the grow. Wish I could afford the A + B... one day...

And sorry to hear about the algae thing... you sure it was algae? Was it green? Or just slimy and clear... coz I don't think they're the same thing. ;)