Autism & Marijuana

Johnyb

Question

Hi All,

This is my first post on the forum. As some of you may know, recently there has been media interest in the medical use of marijuana for autistic childrens behaviour. I am interested in this information as I have a 7 yr old son with severe autism. His behaviour is off the charts...intense anxiety, screaming, all day repetition, never calms, doesn't sleep well always on the move. He cannot be taken out and our family life is suffering.

We have tried every medication known to man; Respiridone, SSRI's, anti eplieptic meds, you name it, no matter the dose or combination no changes last longer than a week, and many have bad side effects. We have also tried many alternative and natural medicines with no effect. It is now time to try medical marijuana, and as one does when one makes such a decision, one turns to the internet. I have have read many sites, stories and info, and stumbled on this site.

I have some questions;If I order online seeds do they generally get here from overseas? I think I am after an Indica strain to maximise CBD content, and I now have read up on how to make hash and decided to administer the medicine this way, I am basically just an everday parent who wants to help his son.

Has anybody tried or know of any children helped (or otherwise) using Mj for autism?

Thanks in advance,

John

Random Update

We had friends over today for lunch, my son found it all too much...screaming, running away, throwing things, 3 hours of this and ten 2mL of the tincture...30 minutes later silence, playing, socially interactive. 5 hours passed, we enjoyed our company and they ours, but the medicine began to wear off, the screaming began, the irate child returned. 2 mL of tincture and all is well again.

We have not used the tincture for over a week, but it is a welcome medicine when needed. Nature's gift, no side effects, just calming for a restless soul.

Take care all.

strictly ireyness

johnyb

greetnz and congratz

gotta love dat

you rule johnyb

cruical vibez

thanx and praize for keepin we updated

there are so many parents reading this

you and i will never know how many kids we just saved

:applause:

i saw a very old cannabis tincture bottle label

it said

recommended for infants, children and adults

dose rate : 1 to 10 mil

use as required

it even recommended 2mil to calm a traumatised baby

imho

cannabis therapy for kids is the safest and most effective treatment available

forward ever

free cannabis

heal the children

heal the land

Hello, JohnyB;

I just stumbled across this site while doing research for an academic paper.  I am a Psychology major and may be able to give you a smidge of advice regarding the use of marijuana and/or its derivatives.  My youngest child, Thomas, is severely autistic.  He has been receiving pharmaceuticals since the age of three.  Missouri is not a marijuana-friendly state, by any means.  I smoke occasionally due to a bad stomach, chronic back pain, and major depressive disorder (developed from chronic pain).  Where autistic children are concerned, I believe that marijuana does help them considerably.  Over the past 10 years, I have amassed quite a collection of research on this matter, and have yet to come across any information regarding it as an unsafe 'medication' for children.  

As previously stated, I am working on a paper for my English Composition class.  I have stumbled across many blogs and websites on this subject; but what truly fascinates me is the manner in which parents are administering the drug to their autistic children.  The majority of parent testimonials that I have discovered state that the parents utilize cannabis oil, and administer it through food.  I am of the opinion that cannabis oil/medical marijuana should be made available as a legal, natural alternative to pharmaceuticals in the treatment of autistic children for the following reasons:

1.    It aids in speech production of non-verbal autistic children;

2.    It creates an appetite in the autistic child who previously had no true appetite; and,

3.    It allows the autistic child to remain calm, when he/she was previously known for outbursts and/or self-destructive behaviors (e.g., banging head on floor/wall, serious repetitive actions, biting, screaming, etc.).

One mother from Florida (no name, due to no permission of use; my apologies) was having great difficulty getting her autistic son’s physician to prescribe a legal form of the drug, called Marinol; and another more recent derivative of the drug, Dronabinol.  Her young man weighed 46 pounds at the age of ten!  She finally decided to travel out-of-state to a legalized state to purchase cannabis oil for her son.  Within the first week, her son, who had previously been non-verbal and had no real appetite (e.g., he would only eat crunchy junk foods), and was very hyper with severe outbursts (e.g., screaming, constant repetitiveness, self-injurious behaviors, biting others (even his mother!) etc.), began eating everything that his mother ate (developed a healthy appetite where there was none prior to the oil), was more still, quiet, and focused (he found his niche in music and baking! J), and for the first time in his young life, began to speak!  He is now 13-years-old and very healthy, active (he began riding a bike within a month of beginning the oil), and, according to his mother, should become a politician! :D lol 

I strongly believe that, if given in small doses (eye dropper-style), that it does benefit the autistic child more than pharmaceuticals.  My Thomas does well on his medications, which is well and good; however, if Missouri were to legalize medicinal use of marijuana and its derivatives, I would most definitely switch him over.  If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at:  minxywillow35@gmail.com.  I will be more than happy to assist you with any information, including the states where you can legally purchase the oil.  If you do not mind my asking, how old is your son now; were you able to switch him over to the drug; does your son’s physician support or oppose the issue?  Lastly, I did try to get my son’s psychiatrist to prescribe Marinol for him, but the doctor refused stating that he was not permitted.  Hogwash!  Marinol has been a legal medication for children with ADHD, autism, and a plethora of other related illnesses, since 1980. 

I look forward to hearing from you, and hope that your son and you are both well.  God Bless!

P.S.  The mother I was telling you about above is not the only parent to go out-of-state to purchase the drug, regardless of their own state laws.  It does work, and I wish you and your son the very best! J

• Upvote 5

I am so glad to see such positive post on the medical uses of cannabis an tinctures made from this wonderful plant.

I for one am a user of cannabis & tinctures made from this plant an can tell you that it helped me so much with my many illnesses,

1/Glaucoma,

2/ Osteoarthritis,  

3/ rheumatoid arthritis,

4/Seronegative arthritis,

5/Migrainnes,

6/Sciatica,

7/Neurogenic pain,

8/  5 Disc prolapes in lower spine,

9/Lumbar disc degenerationat multi levels,

10/ good old Depression.

11/ Calcifacation of the right frontal lobe of the Brain.Just like merl there is no real fix for my Calcifacation of my brain All the surgeons can do is cut part of my brain out an then that will in turn effect a lot of my body function.But they will not operate until I start to flip  out due to the chronic pain an  on the road to no return,Not much to really look forward to hey. 

An now  I find it very hard to grow my own cannabis or buy medical tincture anymore.

An  from not being able to grow or buy tincture my life has turned back to shit an have to take the Big Parma drugs that are addictive an are crap an do not help me like the cannabis did.

I for one have noticed the peoples attitudes on this site 5 years ago not many of the people here would support my attitude towards medical cannabis an were only all for recreation uses of cannabis an stuff medical users.But times an attitudes they are a changing for the better an I am so proud of them for this changes in attitudes.

We will only win this fight if we all pull together as one  an the Government will have no choice but to listen to what the people of this great county want an not just what the Government at this time want for themself ,we voted them in to listen to what we the people all want an to make it law.  

Hopefully  we will all be able to buy or grow our cannabis plants with out being classed as crims for medical use's.

I do hope that I have shed a bit of light on how cannabis helps me live a normal live.

Regards,Dingo-2008.

Edited by Dingo-2008
  • Upvote 2

I am so glad to see such positive post on the medical uses of cannabis an tinctures made from this wonderful plant.

I for one am a user of cannabis & tinctures made from this plant an can tell you that it helped me so much with my many illnesses,

1/Glaucoma,

2/ Osteoarthritis,  

3/ rheumatoid arthritis,

4/Seronegative arthritis,

5/Migrainnes,

6/Sciatica,

7/Neurogenic pain,

8/  5 Disc prolapes in lower spine,

9/Lumbar disc degenerationat multi levels,

10/ good old Depression.

11/ Calcifacation of the right frontal lobe of the Brain.

An new I find it very hard to grow my own cannabis or buy medical tincture anymore.

An  from not being able to grow or buy tincture my life has turned back to shit an have to take the Big Parma drugs that are addictive an are crap an do not help me like the cannabis did.

Hopefully  we will be able to buy or grow our cannabis plants with out being classed as crims for medical use's.

I do hope that I have shed a bit of light on how cannabis helps me live a normal live.

Regards,Dingo-2008.

How Herbicides are Killing Us

An interview with Dr Stephanie Seneff , her research started at Autism 

Part 1https://youtu.be/_3HyfoNa2Sw

Part 2https://youtu.be/LNaPaI8zvyo

Along with a statistic that i heard the other day , americans are consuming

there body weight in glyphosate per year , not good , how we do'in ? 

glyphosate = Round Up = Round Up Ready GMO Crops , Soy , Corn , Canola & Sugar 

Edited by itchybromusic
  • Upvote 1