A Heap of Problems, could my tent be gassing?

Hello Friends, havent been here for awhile so Happy blah blah to everyone Ive not spoken to for while!

If. in my laziness, ive missed a relevent topic please forgive me but what I need to know if anyone who owns an

Indoor Elements Grow tent witha mylar interior (purchased from DHS on ebay) has identified gassing problems?

Ive looked thru ICMag on signs/symptoms of gassing manifesting in grows and it really looks like what Im experiencing,

i.e. what looks like nutri4nt burn one day, seems to be under feeding the next, or PH lock out or any other miriad

of problems.

Its got me stuffed. Anyone with experience of it (or not too) please let me know...

Cal

Edited by calaman

What sort of system do you use?

I seem to remmeber reading about this happening from a faulty plastic tube or line in someone's Bucket system. I can't remember the detail's, I read too much online. :(

EDIT:

Found it.

...There is only 1 new product that we had replaced the ½ tube that connects all the buckets. I started to call around and every room that was having the problem had replaced there tube with the new stuff. The 4 rooms that were doing good were using old hose and was just washing it out. So being lazy saved theses guys who would of thought. I have been talking to the company that made the offending tube for 4 months and they do not wish to resolve this problem even though I have proof that the toxic chemical is in the tube. We have done GC/MS testing, LC/MS, testing and FT IR testing that show conclusively that the chemical Diisobutyl phthalate is in the tube. This is the same chemical that caused the problems with the hydro huts. If you are having a mysterious yellowing and are using NGW tube replace it immediately and please respond to this thread. I am going to be working on a class action against these guys. I have some of the worlds top experts on the matter willing to testify and do any research needed to win this case. The idiots printed there names on the tube it has n-g-w.com printed every foot, so it is easy to identify.

Here is a brief description of what the phthalate does to the plants.

The toxicity caused by a volatile constituent from certain samples of flexible polyvinyl chloride (PVC)

was due to dibutyl or diisobutyl phthalate (DBP or DIBP) plasticisers. It has caused serious financial

losses in the horticultural industry. The two phthalate esters have low volatilities, so any toxicity lasts

for many years. Radish (Raphanus sativus L. cv. Cherry Belle) seedlings, exposed to an air stream

containing 160-180 ng dm~3 of butyl phthalates developed chlorotic leaves within 3-4 d and died

within 12 d. Neither dioctyl nor diisodecyl phthalate (DOP nor DIDP) produced damage in the test

plants. Measurements of photosynthetic and respiratory gas exchange in intact shoots of affected

radishes showed that photosynthesis was severely inhibited whilst respiration was virtually

unaffected. Electron micrographs of sections from young leaves showed disruption of thylakoid

formation and granal stacking. In mature leaves, thylakoids and grana were well formed but

chloroplasts were swollen and the thylakoids were pushed towards the vacuolar side of the

chloroplast. Sensitivity to toxic phthalates varies between species; all members of the Crucifcrae tested

were susceptible, tomato less so, and lettuce and ryegrass were resistant. Toxicity of DIBP, from PVC

glazing strip, caused a reduction in crop value of £20000 per acre per year in commercially grown,

monocrop tomatoes...

Complete Article - http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-growing/189858-warning-new-off-gassing-product.html

TD

Thanks for the replies fellas. I,m growing clones vertically in hempy buckets. However after reading the link i thought it could be the buckets as i'd recently purchased new ones however, the picture below show what happened to two clones in 24hours after being moved from the veg tent to the bloom tent. As you can see they are in the 1ltr containers i root them in before moving into the 11ltr buckets. This was after changing them over to bloom nutes.

post-30852-0-18781600-1294135800_thumb.jpg post-30852-0-29103400-1294135783_thumb.jpg

I read the link you provided that ended up being the PE lines and I can relate to what he went thru. 18 months i think he said they looked trying to discover what it was.. fuck me i'm hoping to figure it out before then.

Ive checked and re-calibrated my ph meters, and got a new one to check the old ones as well as it looked like a ph prob at first. No on that score. So next i reduced my nute concentration as sometimes it looks like burn (with leaf curl) however its not that either, well not over fertilizing at least.

Next I increased my air thru put however that made no difference.

Next I turned on the aircon as the temp was sitting about 31C. I know most people consider that high however Ive made a point i culling all my plants and keeping the ones that thrive best in higher temps. So anyway no difference on the temp drop

I recently purchased 20ltr drums of cyco bloom whereas i usually get the 5ltrs but i was getting paranoid of the courier rolling up every 5weeks or so with a new batch. Though my EC/TDS readings are sound (1.4 to 1.8) Im increasingly starting to think it maybe the batch of nutes. Or that's the next check on the list.

I remember when i purchased the tent about 8months ago i asked the shop if the homebox was any better and they said the Indoor Elements actually had better features so i went that way. The price dif was bugger all. I also have a smaller Indoor Elements tent that i raise clones and veg in and, though its never been victim to such high temps, Ive never had a prob with it.

So thanks Latd, at least the link you gave me has helped me formulate a plan of attack. I think I'll email cyco with the batch number and see what they have to say. Then change my buckets. Then change my nutes. then if still no luck I'm guna have to fuck the tent off as there seems no way to be sure if it is or isn't. What I was really hoping for by asking here is whether or not anyone had had a similar problem with the Indoor Elements tents.

Heres another plant to show you the range of problems im getting...

post-30852-0-37053400-1294136904_thumb.jpg

I was just thinking about purchasing one... Re considering now lol... Will do some research for ya mate, An easier way to find out if its the tent is try to find some chemicals that are part of the tents build that obviously re-act to heat / over-lighting. Then do a separate search and see if said chemicals have some sort of affect against plant-life. Also i am not 100% sure but alot of plastic and linings have various harmful chemical compounds but usually aeration drops that dramatically. Hmmm got me thinking now lol. Will get back to ya.

I was just thinking about purchasing one... Re considering now lol... Will do some research for ya mate, An easier way to find out if its the tent is try to find some chemicals that are part of the tents build that obviously re-act to heat / over-lighting. Then do a separate search and see if said chemicals have some sort of affect against plant-life. Also i am not 100% sure but alot of plastic and linings have various harmful chemical compounds but usually aeration drops that dramatically. Hmmm got me thinking now lol. Will get back to ya.

Ive read its only the white plastic tent whereas mine are mylar. Its spread into the veg tent now. It almost looks like mosaic virus... Tryin to drop my temps now and see how it goes...