mini strokes will cannabis help?

uka

Question

so im here on behalf of another, someone close to me...extremely close.

so in the past 3-5yrs this person has suffered from 14 mini strokes,

is a chronic migraine sufferer and is on medication for a whiplash injury,

...i know everyone thinking, Dayme..why aint she toking cannabis?

well my question is, will cannabis help??

doctors have said the next one might kill, and ild much rather this not happen,

has anyone had a stroke, or more than one stroke? or suffered mini strokes?

has cannabis helped???

thanx gang,

Uka

mini strokes will cannabis help? does medical cannabis help stroke victims?

yes

cannabis is nero protective

cannabis protects brain cells from damage

gotta lov dat

surveys show stroke victims with cannabis in their blood come out of it quicker, with more facilities in tact and recover quicker, than those without cannabis in their blood

cannabis dilates and relaxes small capillaries through out the body,

oxygenates the blood, and fills it with antispasmodic mussel relaxants

this list is not exhaustive

yet

how many drugs so far, does it take to do that in a hospitable????????

cannabis rulez

like i said there is heaps more reasons why your friend should have ample supply of cannabis in their blood

cannabis rebalances the endocannabidiod system

i better stop there

cause all these beautiful qualities of cannabis will protect true

but cannabis will not stop it from coming back

life style changes will

it is not lack of cannabis that causes strokes

seen

it is someting in the suffers life style that is causing it

they prob know what it is

if not then that is the quest for your friend

find out what it is and change it

imho

life style changes will save your friend from further sufferation

irey guidance

mini strokes will cannabis help? does medical cannabis help stroke victims?

yes

cannabis is nero protective

cannabis protects brain cells from damage

gotta lov dat

surveys show stroke victims with cannabis in their blood come out of it quicker, with more facilities in tact and recover quicker, than those without cannabis in their blood

cannabis dilates and relaxes small capillaries through out the body,

oxygenates the blood, and fills it with antispasmodic mussel relaxants

this list is not exhaustive

yet

how many drugs so far, does it take to do that in a hospitable????????

cannabis rulez

like i said there is heaps more reasons why your friend should have ample supply of cannabis in their blood

cannabis rebalances the endocannabidiod system

i better stop there

cause all these beautiful qualities of cannabis will protect true

but cannabis will not stop it from coming back

life style changes will

it is not lack of cannabis that causes strokes

seen

it is someting in the suffers life style that is causing it

they prob know what it is

if not then that is the quest for your friend

find out what it is and change it

imho

life style changes will save your friend from further sufferation

irey guidance

That is some amazing information, have you got any references or sources? I'm not trying to discredit you, I'm just very interested thumbup.gif

greetnz

seen

the world should know

google these two

Panikashvili D, Simeonidou C, Ben-Shabat S, et al. An endogenous cannabinoid (2-AG) is neuroprotective after brain injury. Nature 2001;413:527-531

Panikashvili D, Shein NA, Mechoulam R, et al. The endocannabinoid 2-AG protects the blood brain barrier after closed head injury and inhibits mRNA expression of proinflammatory cytokines. Neurobiol Disease 2006;22:257-264

see for your self

that should get you started

do some more scearches

if you find some tingz of concern

just post them here and see what happenz

:whistle:

the sus one are so eze to pick

just follow the money trail

people are paying for this for some reason

who is paying the bills reviles all

there is lotas good stuff out there

check this one from 2007

http://www.sciencealert.com.au/news/20071404-15007-3.html

Cannabis gives stroke patients hope Saturday, 14 April 2007 University of Otago New research by University of Otago scientists suggests some mechanisms in the brain targeted by cannabis could become drugs targets to counter brain cell damage after a stroke.

Researchers from the Medical School's Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology have been the first in the world to show the cannabinoid CB2 receptor appears in the rat brain following a stroke. Their findings were published recently in the journal Neuroscience Letters.

Dr John Ashton says the CB2 receptor is a protein produced as part of the body's immune response system.

"This response is triggered by stroke and causes the inflammation that leads to damage in the area of the brain around where the stroke has occurred.

"If the inflammation can be stopped or reduced then it offers the hope of reducing the extent of the damage caused by stroke - and CB2 offers a potential target for such a drug."

Dr Ashton says cannabis targets both the CB2 and the related CB1 receptors.

"THC, the major active ingredient of cannabis, acts mainly on CB1 but it also affects CB2. While THC is known to have some positive effects in terms of pain management its use is severely limited because of the way it triggers the psychoactive CB1 receptors in the brain," he says.

"The aim would be to develop a drug that targets the CB2 receptor without affecting CB1."

Dr Ashton says the relationship between cannabis and cannabinoid drugs has similarities to the relationship between heroin and codeine.

"Heroin and codeine share common targets, but by designing codeine in such a way that it eliminated the psychoactive side-effects seen with heroin, a therapeutically useful drug was developed. There is the potential to do the same with cannabinoids."

Drugs targeting CB2 could also have potential therapeutic use in other conditions involving inflammatory damage to the brain, such as Huntington's Disease and Alzheimer's Disease. There may also be scope to use them in pain management.

"CB2 cells are also found in the spinal cord. They regulate pain signals making them a potential target for new pain killing drugs."

irey guidance

• Upvote 1

Hi there UnknownArtizt

I have information here on two fronts.

I suffer from severe head pain after surgery, some have called them migraines although none of the pharma migraine treatments have had any positive effect. The pain is intense and nausiating. I become light and noise sensitive. It is as if somebody has shot bolts through the back of my head out through my eyeballs. Pain consumes my every thought at these times. Pot as a part of my pain management regime is a must, it doesn't take the pain away but it lessens its impact by allowing me to think outside of pain. I also need codiene for pain, don't get me wrong I ain't totally herbal, but on high dose codiene I can't think, it's more like I'm away with the fairies.

The second front is that I work with people, many suffering from stroke. One man in particular cannot put two words together. When he speaks you need to translate through fumbled words and he becomes very very frustrated with himself. Two tokes on a joint and you can't shut the man up and very clear speech, even a conversation.

The thing with strokes is what areas of the brain have been affected. Each stroke is different and kills off different areas of the brain. For this man pot activates the areas not affected to compensate for the areas that have been killed off. They say that the brain can relearn electrical pathways within the brain if rehab is started ASAP. This man was young for a stroke and was isolated by his friends and family he became transient and did not have the oppotunity for rehab. Those pathways are there but he cannot activate them without pot.

These are two examples of pot being beneficial for both pain management and stroke victims. Will it be for your friend? Nobody can say for sure. Radic has given you the science and here is my hands on experience.

The answers you are looking for are with your friend as previously stated each stroke is different.

Hope it helps

Merl1n

Hi, I had a stroke 10 years ago when I was only 25 years old. I'd been smoking weed daily for about 6 years prior to this. My stroke was caused by a blood clotting disorder, and whilst I hate to disagree with everybody here, I think weed probably exacerbated my condition and could have brought the stroke on. My neuro certainly advised me to give up. Whilst I don't suffer any noticeable long term effects, when I'm really stoned my motor skills, coordination and balance are completely up to s***. In saying that, the same happens when I'm just really tired. I personally don't think weed protected me, or made my recovery better or swifter, plain hard work and sweating it out in the rehab gym all day was the only thing that got those new pathways established. However, after a brief period of abstinence, I've been back bingin' on the bong for about 8 years since the stroke, and haven't had another one, so that might be a good sign (the rat poison they've got me on to thin the blood probably helps also)

Hi there guesswhogirl,

I don't see your information as disagreeing at all. Ppl need the info from all sides, there is no 100% positive in anything and although I talk of 2 positives that I know of, there must be ppl with negative results, especially with the questions around pot and mental health. I stated every stroke is different and the man I talk of was 16yr old and to some medical thinkers the brain is still developing at this age and this could well have an impact on how pot affects him. Don't look at it as a disagreement, just further info on the subject. It all helps to make an informed decision.

As I have stated in previous posts, I have a severe dislike for neuros. But the Dr's would rather you smoked nothing as smoking clogs arteries increasing the chance of stroke(According to my ciggie pkt)Alcohol would thin the blood along with your rat poison. But you gotta be careful with that rat poison and I ain't sure on its reaction with either alcohol or pot.

But I spose if you've been smoking for years on that shit, it can't be too bad.

Merl1n

so im here on behalf of another, someone close to me...extremely close

so in the past 3-5yrs this person has suffered from 14 mini strokes,

is a chronic migraine sufferer and is on medication for a whiplash injury,

...i know everyone thinking, Dayme..why aint she toking cannabis?

well my question is, will cannabis help??

doctors have said the next one might kill, and ild much rather this not happen,

has anyone had a stroke, or more than one stroke? or suffered mini strokes?

has cannabis helped???

thanx gang,

Uka