first grow

post-40574-0-62743500-1290435775_thumb.jpghi all, have been reading lots latley, running around getting this that and the other... any ways ive got two seedlings originally tried 2 from bag seed, and one ak auto one bag seed popped up sativa im guessing its on the left the auto is on the right, you cant really tell but the auto has a very green stem and the sativa is red, now i used those little cocoa coir thingies after they germinated and put them straight under a 18w 6400k lamp for about 4 days before i got the 105w 6400k so they are about a week old and given them about a syringe of water about 10ml about every day.

Ok i have some questions but have tried to answer them myself, please feel free to tell me and hints

Q1 now im thinking i have to put them into small pots and i have perlite vermiculite and some good seed raising mix. what do u think i should use ?

A1 im thinking 33% of each?

Q2 which nutrients should i use ?

A2 i have 3 different types, i was thinking the hortico starting at 15 % and working my way up.

q3 ok now this is a tricky one i started on 24 hrs light, after a week can i change the light to say 16/8.

a3 the auto should tolerated it fine but the sativa may need counselling.

ok a few questions any pointers hints and things will be much appreciated and i know a pc grow box sounds rediculous but alwsys wanted to try it ;)

post-40574-0-63195700-1290435924_thumb.jpg

post-40574-0-11524500-1290436042_thumb.jpg

post-40574-0-94140800-1290436104_thumb.jpg

Edited by albyaaron

ok guys and girls, grow was going awsome i might say, my lings were from seed 2 bag seed and one afghan kush the afghan kush was very healthy from word go, nice thick green stem juicy little leaves fat and plump. One of the bag seed didnt take, but i think it was too green still had husk on it, but the other one it was a strong sprouter too, it had a very dark looking red stem, unfortunatley i was too scared to use the recommended 2 inch method in lighting placement and decided that the height of my case was close enough. i soon found this was making the plants grow their little stems off and got told to move it closer, after i got the height right they began to grow well, so well infact from the time of breaking out of the seed to now would make them 17 days old, i wish i had time to take pics of them before they got buried/ flushed/ thrown in the bin, but i did include the 2 different pots id used, one was wide and shallow which was housing the sativa bag seed. and the other was just a normal pot with a diameter of about 1200mm, and a hieght of about the same, now i was going to replant them today, and when id pulled the lings out i was so distraught, because the roots on these lings were amazing i could not believe how healthy they were, absolutely perfect ;). now boys and girls im not an expert yet but im gonna say this gardening is a language let your plants talk to you, they will tell you what they want next. now at this stage because of the long stem growth i was able to start side winding it if that makes sense. the sativa had already branched out twice, and id fimmed it once the ak was a little slower, but wasnt far behind, oh and the smell when i pulled them out was really nice. made me tingle all over ;),

ok now hatcing i used the wet paper towel method and they cracked open within 24 hours, from their i went straight into cocoa coir instant little pots, and let them grow in that for a week, at about 8 days i was stalling for time as i hadnt done my homework on soils and mediums and felt they were slowing down so i grabbed a cupple jiffy pots and filled them with 46/20/34 of perlite vermiculite and good brand of potting mix, i tested the ph and was about 7 fairly neutral. for watering i used a 10ml syringe and just squirted them with water whenever they asked for it oh the water was a 4l bottle id purchased from the shops just natural spring water nothing added.

ok so after about day 9 i replanted them into the pots and gave them a good watering they looked really good so i didnt see any harm in giving them some seasol, so i mixed half a cap with 2 litres of water and just soaked them thru, drained ouit the excess, as one was a lunch box and not a pot :), after i gave them that the sativa showed slight signs of burn but it looked like a combination of light burn and nute burn, i did try and lift the height of the plants buy 5mm by using cd cases but found i was being too pushy, so i settled them back and that stopped the burning.

ok now on day 15 i gave them another feed of the same strength seasol but added like maybe 5 grams of hortico, and gave them a good watering thru they seemed to like that feed as well. this was as far as i gotten, was gonna transplant both into pots triple the size but thatll be next time, i feel like i accomplished a great deal and for once in my life i feel like i have a purpose, i have gotten so much enjoyment out of this little project and found im not too bad at gardening. thanx for reading and thanx too everyone who helped me and thanx to ozstoners and the whole community, rippa!

If you are going to do another run leave the vermiculite out. It holds too much water. You need to get up close and personal with the CFL's. I have had leaves almost touching the cfl's and not burning them. I also feed half nutes for the first few weeks. Thats what I do, others do it their way and you will find out what you and your plants like the most. Just go easy on everything when they start out in life. Just like any baby be it animal or vegetable. Nice diary.:applause: