Seeds in post led to hydroponics pot bust

There has to be more to the story than what is there. i have to say it must have been a slow day for the cops to chase up some poor fool who imported 3 packs of seeds so i think this is more a case of someone lagging him in and they kept a tab on his mail. Also seems that if he said "sorry no one by the name of terry white lives hear" they would have little to no proof they were even his so he should have shut up. Just another case of "have u got a warrant? no, then goodbye officer, and if they do have a warrant read it before you let them in. The warrant will state the area they are going to search and if your garage is not attached to your house they have no right to search it same with sheds or any other structure not built onto the house, it all has to be on the warrant and if they do search an area not stipulated by the warrant inform you lawyer! If you live with others they have no right to search the other rooms of the house without "probable cause" only your room can be searched.

There has to be more to the story than what is there. i have to say it must have been a slow day for the cops to chase up some poor fool who imported 3 packs of seeds so i think this is more a case of someone lagging him in and they kept a tab on his mail. Also seems that if he said "sorry no one by the name of terry white lives hear" they would have little to no proof they were even his so he should have shut up. Just another case of "have u got a warrant? no, then goodbye officer, and if they do have a warrant read it before you let them in. The warrant will state the area they are going to search and if your garage is not attached to your house they have no right to search it same with sheds or any other structure not built onto the house, it all has to be on the warrant and if they do search an area not stipulated by the warrant inform you lawyer! If you live with others they have no right to search the other rooms of the house without "probable cause" only your room can be searched.

Sounds like ur talkin outa ur ass man. but if ur a lawyer i apologize.

not a lawyer but read warrants before, ive lived with dodgy ppl in the past, Read it first! they cant walk in Hollywood style and rip shit up they need to have probable cause ie you have been lagged in, the smell of dope growing is pissing your neighbors off, they have staked your house out and can confirm you are dealing drugs

(the kick your door in for this one), they are looking for a murder suspect and or a murder weapon(actually in this case they will search the whole house and take you down to the shop) these are cases for probable cause.

Any way this is getting off topic,

The more i think about this poor guy them more i think he must have been lagged in, maybe someone overheard him talk about it, maybe someone saw the plants growing, maybe his mum had a personal carer come over and accidentally saw it? i think this is more a security issue rather than a caught seed issue, But if it is an issue of seeds being caught then i think we all need to take a bit more care

Edited by Sylar420

"create his own home-grown hydroponics operation",

"several drug-related offences, including unlawfully producing, supplying and possessing a dangerous drug",

"sophisticated hydroponics system" (..sigh..)

So despite the best efforts of prosecutors and the media in making this out to sound a whole lot worse than it is, essentially he got no conviction and 60 hours community service for eight plants, 105g of pot (not sure if that includes the plants tho) and the seeds. Fair result given the current environment we have to tolerate imo, although it really does sound like a whole lot of wasted time and money in pursuing this.

Edited by snooch

It's sad news to see the traps so heavy on imported seeds that they'll waste such resources on it. My personal view is for Aussies to trade amongst each other and only ever use safe addresses where nothing is grown or stored. The seeds I've secured over the years online within Australia I won't be able to grow out in my life time. If you clone you can stretch the duration of any strain many years.

:toke:

Um ... am I the only one whom is flabbergasted that he got no conviction at all???!!! :P

QLD used to be the strictest state on drugs n stuffs didn't it?

Hydro Killer Skunk plants under Super Discharge Lights kills children does it not? :D

Importation of foreign organic matter could totally destroy the biodiversity of the Universe won't it will?

... :peace:

Well done to that guy! :P

I'm gonna crank up some lights now! ... and am no longer worried about importing Cannabis Seeds. Thanx QLD.

... What's that? ... more to the story you say? :thumbsup:

Might have been actually been Terry White the chemist and he just fooled them into thinking he was 36 due to his new name-brand patented weight-loss and anti-aging super supplement formula ...

(guess what THAT formula contains ... :D )

Nevertheless , If I were that dude I'd straight away do it all again , get growing and see what happens ... Get back on the horse while it's hot ... so to speak. :bongon: ... and that goes for every other stoner in QLD and everywhere else because now this mysterious case has set a precedent where we can nullify a jury with a disintergration ray gun ... or sumthin like that , I'm no lawyer either. :)

Anyhoo ... Cheerz All and Be Free! :D

Budman :haha:

It's not all that uncommon that a "no conviction" is recorded, Budman. Considering it's his first offense and it appeared to be a personal grow. If he goes again, you can rest assured the courts wont deal with him so lightly.

The thing that probably saved him is he didn't go over the magical number of "500.0g or, if the dangerous drug consists of plants the aggregate weight of which is less than 500.0g, 100 plants" (quoted from Qld Drugs Misuse Regulation 1987, Schedule 3 - Specified quantities for particular dangerous drugs). If he went over that (on record) he'd be in a lot more strife.

Also, I have doubts about this theory that his Mum may have dobbed him in. As she could possibly go up on a charge herself for providing a place for a crime to be commited. I personally haven't known anyone that has been charged with this yet. But it does exist.

Sounds like ur talkin outa ur ass man.
Agreed.

This information is not correct and could lead to an obstruction charge if you attempted to stop the police from searching a property.

A warrant covers the entire property and probable cause is not even mentioned within the legislation that allows the Qld police to obtain a warrant and what they can do under it.

Police Powers and Responsibilities ACT (Qld) states exactly what they can and can not do.

Permit use of place is a similar offence to production and will carry the same sentence but does not look so bad on a record.

This is not legal advice.