Yellowing leaves, turning to brown.

Hi, ill get right to it.

Plant stats:

Strain: Unknown, but has a 50/50 sativa/indica look.

Medium: 100% coco

Nutriments: Canna coco A/B, at 500ppm every second day, runoff usually comes out 100 ppm lower than input.

Ph: 5.8-6.0 but unsure because the use of a PIECE OF SHIT ezitools Ph meter(the red ones), stay away from these, don't buy one, ever.

Lighting schedule: 20/4

Doing a flush right now to get the medium as clean as possible, then going to start it on 800-900ppm see if that helps.

So here are some pics:

post-34032-1259565043_thumb.jpg

So thinking magnesium/calcium problem or could be a ph prob perhaps.

Much appreciation for any help, cheers.

thats really small for 2 weeks let alone 5 weeks. i think its just inconsistant feeds and PH set up a res and good ec ph values and you wont look back.

she is in a small pot and pretty sure by now you would have a decent root ball, pop it out of the pot if you have brown roots or any colour but white is sick. youve got heat issues or badly root bound.

the leaf damage likely cause from too much food then no food for a length of time then food again back forth they dont really dig that if the soil isnt holding added ferts.

Hi man,

You have a K def which came to be becuase your nut mix is to strong.

I dont know about PPM its a preaty bad way to measure your nuts since each meter has a differnt covertion ratio so i think you sould consider getting an ec meter (by the way iam using an ezi tool ph anc ec for 3 grows now and they work fine)

As a guide line your ec for clones should be between 0.45-0.95 if your plant is only using 100 ppm when you are watering it means you are giving it 3 times as much of what he actually needs, and that what caused you lower leaves to get a slight burn and the upper ones to show a K def. Id get an EC pen and take my nuts down, if you are not in a rush try taking the lights to around 70cm if you are using HPS Or MH to allow it to recover for 2-3 days then keep going from where you left off

Cheers

thats really small for 2 weeks let alone 5 weeks. i think its just inconsistant feeds and PH set up a res and good ec ph values and you wont look back.

she is in a small pot and pretty sure by now you would have a decent root ball, pop it out of the pot if you have brown roots or any colour but white is sick. youve got heat issues or badly root bound.

the leaf damage likely cause from too much food then no food for a length of time then food again back forth they dont really dig that if the soil isnt holding added ferts.

Yep will defiantly be re-potting her in a couple of days and take more notice of my feeding regiment.

Cheers mate.

Hi man,

You have a K def which came to be becuase your nut mix is to strong.

I dont know about PPM its a preaty bad way to measure your nuts since each meter has a differnt covertion ratio so i think you sould consider getting an ec meter (by the way iam using an ezi tool ph anc ec for 3 grows now and they work fine)

As a guide line your ec for clones should be between 0.45-0.95 if your plant is only using 100 ppm when you are watering it means you are giving it 3 times as much of what he actually needs, and that what caused you lower leaves to get a slight burn and the upper ones to show a K def. Id get an EC pen and take my nuts down, if you are not in a rush try taking the lights to around 70cm if you are using HPS Or MH to allow it to recover for 2-3 days then keep going from where you left off

Cheers

Yea cant really afford to get an EC meter as much as i want one right now, i too realize in 20/20 hindsight that an EC pen would have been better. And by the way, that link is awesome mate, and one again ill take my feeding regiment into more closer attention, cheers.

K deficiencny from too strong nutes at 500? ;) naaah

Looks like the start of root problems from too small a pot, good that your checking the run-off though.

Re-pot it and stick to 500ppm

Thanks for the reply mate,

Yep gonna re-pot her.

Cheers.

ok... the plant is starving...

if it was over fertilized.. the plant will still be green with necrotic tips.... but you can see the veins and a light green ,yllowing thing going on.. that means its underfed..

like bufo suggested.. repot.. youll need to get it into a bigger pot anyway... then continue on as normal.. the fresh soil should provide extra nutrients..

now you know what to look for..

if it was me.. id be using a more forgiving medium.. like coco/perlite.. and then using a reputable brand of hydro nutes.. makes things a lot easier..

potting soils are all over the place.. and while most are really good quality.. each one has a different nutrient value.. so unless you can spot various deficiencies as they arise.. id eliminate the need for guess work.. and cut out the potting soil altogether and go with a blended hydroponic nutrient which will supply the plant everything it needs...

i apologize .. i didnt read that right.. i thought you were in potting soil..

100% coco.. an inert medium.. meaning no nutes at all.. and youre at 500ppm with your feed schedule.. my tap water reads 550ppm... no wonder the plant is starving...

so up the nutes.. a plant this size should handle full strenth nutes.. at around 1400ppm.. any where between 1200-1400.. dont go above 1800.. should be fine..