Bottom fan leaves yellowing

Hi guys,

Thought I would post this here just in case no one checks out my grow diary for awhile, the more help the better! Am growing L.A Confidential in coco/perlite, handwatering with H&G Coco nutes. First week of H&G nutes started on 0.9EC and ph 5.7 and they seemed to be OK. The next week upped it to 1.6 EC and the ph was adjusted around 5.8 and the bottom fan leaves started yellowing. I was told it was just slight nute burn and should pull up but they havent. Checked this morning and yellowing is worse, plus there are now rust stains all over those yellow leaves. I flushed with 3L (each plant needed that much before I got any run off) of ph 5.8 water and the runoff was ph 6.45.

post-29336-1246767641_thumb.jpg

post-29336-1246767708_thumb.jpg

From this I gather that my ph is too high and should be lowered, does anyone have an opinion about whether it is nute burn or a nitrogen deficiency from nute lockout? If I flush them again in a couple of days and then lower the ph of my nute solution (to get a lower ph on the runoff) will those leaves heal and go green again or are they pretty much fucked?

Any advice would be appreciated, these ladies should be quite pretty if I can just get on top of things!

a picture of the whole plant would be better to get an over all view of whats happening..

when you tested the run off.. what was the TDS.. .. looks to me like you needed to flush any way with a jump from 5.8 to 6.4.. that would indicate the PH levels were around 6.8-7 before you watered.. maybe you need to flush some more.. until you get a more stable reading.. once flushed right.. straight back onto nutes.. and EC of 1.6 could probably be increased slightly to around 2.0..

these are from seed?.. and that leaf is the first 3 finger leaf ?.. if this is the case.. then i think what youll find is the leaf has served its purpose.. and is dying off..

this is normal .. just take the leaves off..

if the rest of the plant is looking healthy then i wouldnt worry too much..

a picture of the whole plant would be better to get an over all view of whats happening..

when you tested the run off.. what was the TDS.. .. looks to me like you needed to flush any way with a jump from 5.8 to 6.4.. that would indicate the PH levels were around 6.8-7 before you watered.. maybe you need to flush some more.. until you get a more stable reading.. once flushed right.. straight back onto nutes.. and EC of 1.6 could probably be increased slightly to around 2.0..

these are from seed?.. and that leaf is the first 3 finger leaf ?.. if this is the case.. then i think what youll find is the leaf has served its purpose.. and is dying off..

this is normal .. just take the leaves off..

if the rest of the plant is looking healthy then i wouldnt worry too much..

The run off was EC 0.3, which isnt a worry. They def needed a flush though, the run off ph was too high. Will give them another flush on tuesday and then back on nutes. Yes, they are the first 3 finger leaves, didnt realise that they died off after they'd done their job and I was too much off a pussy to cut em off. Gonna go trim em off now, the rest of the plant looks good though - albeit a little underwatered.

Cheers for your help mate :thumbsup: