water the girls

gonna drop a few outdoors over summer gotta cart water in by backpack weather dependant thinkin two or three

litres plant each week will be sufficient any ideas im new to this. i know the more water the better but is this enough??

or will i be wasting my time?? gonna put two of those liquid resevoir sachets in each 20 ltr grow bucket as well :bongon:

hey mr.x

I give my plants 1.5lts of water a week, each that is, and like you carted it in by backpack, i had to trek in 8 x 1.5lt bottles and added some maxi-crop with them too, just a bit, so i didnt want a massive backpack either.

never really had any problems, the plants all grew 7ft, which was my restriction and some up to 10ft at another site. it really depends on weather, if it was raining on and off with sun, i didnt bother watering them, they were growing just fine, and in the intense heated weeks i would do the trek to make sure they were well watered.

i guess in the back of my mind, i figured, they were "weeds" too, they grow pretty dam well in most conditions.

just my thoughts. cheers. ;)

It depends on so many factors that its pointless to try figure it out just have a crack and see how ya go.

Its not just the rainfall u get while ur plants are in that is important. With good off-season rainfall a soil profile can holding lots and lots of water especially a clay soil. Also plants use deep soil water much more efficiently than they do top soil water, because the roots in th dry top soil send signals to say shit close your stomata (pores) its dry while the bottom tap root provides water. This cause greatly reduces water loss.