Mega Mould

Hi to all hope you all had or having a good season. I'm on the south coast of WA & it pissed down all summer as I am a outdoor guerrilla grower it was a real bummer. We got 10 inches of rain in 1 week in jan then 3 weeks before harvest all this mould BLUE GREEN BLACK GRAY like fur all over my lovely girls it ring barked the plants stopping all growth.

I read on another discussion about a product called eco carb has anyone used this product or have any ideas how to combat this problem 4 next season ? Another product I have seen is Microkill

Edited by mark60

Now getting mould on my germinating seeds they

have only been in between paper towels for 3 days its cold low humidity

I bleached seeds before germinating crazy shit is pissing me right off

I'm going to buy some eco carb will keep anyone interested how goes.

Hi to all hope you all had or having a good season. I'm on the south coast of WA & it pissed down all summer as I am a outdoor guerrilla grower it was a real bummer. We got 10 inches of rain in 1 week in jan then 3 weeks before harvest all this mould BLUE GREEN BLACK GRAY like fur all over my lovely girls it ring barked the plants stopping all growth.

I read on another discussion about a product called eco carb has anyone used this product or have any ideas how to combat this problem 4 next season ? Another product I have seen is Microkill

hey mark, its clint....still tryn to sort this site out.

eco carbo is a good product but i dont think it kills grey mould the best and cheapest is phosphoric acid at 5% 950ml water 50ml acid also bloom foliar 1/2 is very good for this good luck

I posted a mould question about six months ago at the time i knew nothing about it. By pure coincidence i changed the ag industry i was a consultant in and have now been working as an agronomist in an industry where mould prevention is critical.

ECO carb is a pretty good product it is a potasium carbonate product which works by increasing the pH of the leaf area and by increasing resistence by improving plant immune function through potassium nutrition.

However there are some really good products which are only available commercially (u can still get them read on). I am not sure which family of moulds affect weed but sulfur and copper have a very general activity. Early in the season start with sulfur based preventatives. If conditions look bad eg 10/10/24 which = 10 mm of rain in 24 hours in which the temp did not drop below 10 degrees, then you use a copper based preventative (kocide) these also have some erradicant activity (if u get mould thats it nothing can stop it because its mycelium penetrate into the tissue at this point anything that kills the mould will kill plant too). IE prevention is prob the only viable good option.

Prob the best broad spectrum fungacide is cabrio or kocide one is a dow agro sciences product and the other is a nufarm product.

Now although these are only available commercialy there is nothing stopping you from walking into a landmark or elders store speak with a friendly agronomist pretend to be a commercial farmer they will be happy to take your money. A big down side is that they are very costly and you cannot buy small quantities.

hope this helps

peace

Edited by GIY

unless u were sure a DMI's like triad are active against the moulds of weed i would i stick to copper and sulphate based fungacides because both sulfur and copper block a large number of biochem pathways in almost all fungi. Whereas DMI's have a very specific mode of activity.