Magnesium problem? Help

Hey, hopefully someone can help!!

Two plants about 4 weeks since transplant, under 600w hps, fully auto thermostat controlling exhaust fan, normal fan circulating air. Temp kept between 26 - 30 degrees celcius. growing in coco medium with a little perlite added to it, 12L pots. Not a hydro system but using hygro fert, does this matter?? Plant growth is great, very fast, sturdy and bushy. Still in veg stage. Bottom leaves going yellow, slightly drooping and curling at the tips, new growth is fine. yellowing starts between the veins, tips curl, then leaves die from tip of leaves and outer edges. end up having to cut them off. Thought it was magnesium so I dissolved some epsom salts and added to the water, this was a week ago and nothing seems to be changing. PH is fine, about 6.8 I think. Any ideas??

6.8 is a little too high.. but should still be ok.. aim for around 6.3.. this is around the middle ground.. if it fluctuates a little either way it will still be fine...

what PPMs are you feeding at.. sounds to me that all you need to do is up the nute levels..

if you havent given them a flush... this could also stop the plant from feeding.. as salts build up in the medium youll get hot spots and nutrient lock out.. usually caused with PH fluctuating well out of range...

so if new growth is fine.. id say its just a nute strength issue.. so maybe.. give them a flush with clean water.. and up the nute levels to around 12-1400PPM..

Thanks for the advise, Quite new to this (growin not smokin) ;).

What is ppm? do it have something to do with a hydro system? I am only using a hydro medium. water and fert same as soil feeding. Am I missing anything in my fert? - using westend hydo brand (made by shop)

Nutrient analysis% Wu

calcium 21.4%

nitrogen 24.25

potassium 31.00

phosphorus 6.2

sulphur 8.6

boron 0.009

copper 0.005

molybdenum 0.0003

iron 0.2

manganese 0.009

zinc 0.02

Realise there is no magnesium there, just adding epsom salt to water.

Hey Gunja,

ppm is parts per million, or , the strength of the ferts in your feed. Might be a good idea to invest in a ppm reader, or EC truncheon.

Firstly, id say coco specific nutes might help, using general hydro nutes can lead to deficiencies.

Sounds like a magnesium def, maybe due to their being none in your nutes, also can be caused by excess calcium, which your nutes have a shitload of ;)

I'd flush em, and get some good quality coco ferts imho

Goodluck!