nute levels for flowering

hi guys

got through my nute problems in veg ok with a bit of tweeking , seemed to like low nute levels of 600-800ppm

what should I be aiming for in flower ,

were now 1 week into flower , again about 700ppm 2 part canna flower nutes.

at week 3 id like to do a run of pk-13/14

should I start my flower nutes low like I am and build slowly as buds develop or put them up more from the start

now the plants are bigger I think they can take a bit more nute levels but I dont want to over do it as this system and plants have proved sensitive to nute levels

pk-13/14 previously I had great results running half strength for the rest of the grow until flush , what is everyone technique with the pk?

I'd suggest bumping it up quite a bit, to around 1500ppm. I've found that the sweet spot for most strains. More like 1200ppm if using coco, you don't mention the medium so...

Also you should have the ppm at the "max" as soon as you can... ie. seedlings need nothing but water for a cpl weeks, then you start off low like say 500ppm, but as soon as the plant can handle a full dose, give it to her and keep it there right through until the final flush.... so in other words you should go from full strength veg nutes to full strength flower nutes.

Edited by Gibbo

Hi skyhigh - that ppm is so low it's a bit hard to believe ! U shore it is pot your growing ? ;) ,:D ;) Only Joking bud -

What setup have you got ?

and as Gibbo ask's What medium are you using ?

skyhigh.........now the plants are bigger I think they can take a bit more nute levels but I dont want to over do it as this system and plants have proved sensitive to nute levels ..............should I start my flower nutes low like I am and build slowly as buds develop or put them up more from the start

It is how I would go. If you gradually increase it you will have time to pull back. Again it all depends on the missing information ....Your grow medium type + grow method.

Post a pic ............... go on be brave............. :D

;)

Nitty.

irey sky

your on to it

low nute levels of 600-800ppm

gotta love dat

as long as your plant is happy

keep dowin whatch dowin

imho

stick to your plan

that is

follow the directions pon the bloom nutrients

to the letter

seen

it is designed to deliver

true

it is best to run your system as lead as posible while still maxing out your yeild

if you are happy with your growth rates at low nute levels of 600-800ppm

then dowit

go sooooooooooo

seen

the reason why you see two numbers, a max ppm and a min ppm to mix your nutrient sollution between

is for fine tuning your system to your specific strain

yes yes yes

right on

it is wise to aim for as low a ppm as you dare to go whilst maintaing vigours growth

the magic number is somewhere between the max and the min recomended ppm

only you and your system will know

;)

tis a beautifull ting to behold

forward now

would love to see som pix

what hydro system do you employ??????????

are you using Deep Water Culture management practices???????

irey guidance

yea skyhigh i have been up in the high ppm range but i find it no better than around 7-800ppm so i hang around there and it gives me the best results on the strains i have been growing in perlite, the breeder raised the family on such levels so who am i to argue with him ..

it seems to be a personal preference and can well be different in some strains .. high levels does not necessarily correlate with exponential growth by any means

I include a quote from a very successful breeder Mike Mandala in his thread on nutrient levels in hydroponics, which you might find interesting

Lets start with the small print on the bottles. What many do not know: the recommended EC value is based on osmosis water with an EC of 0,0!

Example:

Ionic Hydroponic Nutrient recommends an EC of 2,0 for flowering in hydroponics. From this value the cultivators must deduct the EC of their tapwater in order to calculate the actual recommended dosage. Let's say your water has an EC of 0,6. Then we calculate 2,0 – 0,6 = 1,4 EC. The recommended maximum dosage is therefore 1,4 EC.

Canna and other Dutch companies generally recommend even higher values. So the necessity of being aware of this formula is quite apparent. Although one really must ask how the plants should survive long term on values of 2,0 – 2,2 EC, most customers actually use such strong dosages in their grow because they are unaware of this essential information. The result is not only a waste of fertilizer in hydroponic set-ups.

Plant care also becomes much more complicated and problematic. Regular flushings with water are necessary at such high EC levels. On the one hand the plants grow very fast (they stretch, get leafy, etc.), and on the other hand they develop complex symptoms of over- and underfertilization from the high salt content in the substrate.

In the end massive overdoses of nutrients lead to a high risk of mold in the flowering phase, reduced levels of resistance against pests, lower yields, and possibly pose a health risk from radioactive traces in the cannabis (from phosphate).

;)

irey fraz

i hear yah

low ppm rulez

ireyness

however

that quote really urked me

imho

that dude hasent quite got it

Ionic Hydroponic Nutrient recommends an EC of 2,0 for flowering in hydroponics. From this value the cultivators must deduct the EC of their tapwater

wrong

no no no

it says on every plan to add the value on to the recomended

so your water has an EC of 0,6. Then we calculate 2,0 + 0,6 = 2.6 EC.

possibly pose a health risk from radioactive traces in the cannabis (from phosphate).

i canna see the light of that possibility from nutriens Salts

by the time a toxic build up to a level of possible reaction

the plants would be long dead

;)

irey guidance

running flood and drain expanded clay system, flush plain water for 48-36hr every 2 weeks. Will flush this weekend and then bump up nutes a bit and see what they do

growth rates stabilised in veg at 6-800ppm , just want to keep them moving well in flower

pic 9 days into 12/12

post-5374-1243383278_thumb.jpg

Edited by skyhigh

they look happy

cept the closest 1

she is a bit stunted and has some disformality to her leaves

a flush will help her

yes they all look like they are due for a flush

seen

dont worrie bout them slowin down right now

as they will take 2wks from the day you change the lights to 12/12

to get going again

thats normal

it called the changrover period

it a good time to flush and run PK

as during the 2wk changeover period N is not used

but P and K are still in high demand

after the 2wk changeover period

change back to your normal Bloom nutrients till harvest

dont let me confuse yah

but

stick to your plan

if the plan says to add PK at wk3 of bloom

then follow it to the letter

cause the nutrient sollution you are using is designed to work like that

irey guidance

canopee unifomity

is gonna be a struggle for budz pon the same plants to recieve equal light

and so finish at different times

a great way to fix diss is called scrog

check it

or

slowlly

over a few days

just carefully bend and tie the big ones down till they are all level

this will increase both the size and the quality of your budz

irey guidance

i have done some LST with twine to help them out a bit for uniformity , this was a 1st grow patched together out of random old seeds so it was always going to be a bit over the place. I will keep doing it over the next couple of weeks to get more.

funny you mention pk because ive just been contemplating when and what to do with the pk

usually i do week three , low strength all the way to flush

now im thinking to try full strength 4 weeks from harvest as per canna directions for their pk13/14