Marijuana growers busted on Google Earth

Cheers for your answers jabez. Now i understand you know little about Agriculture as well.

:D

[/i

Does that mean that it's common practice to cut a 2 acre square whole in your crop then plant some other crop there that is more spaced apart than any other crop that's growing in the area?

Either way, don't know how the police come to be looking at the property so closely and basically doesn't matter, cause if they did happen to have a image like that on your property your fucked either way, they'd find a way to have closer look, if that wasn't enough.

I learnt a long time ago that growing outdoors (especially if you live in suburbs) is dodgy and you take your chances, even without google earth. It's so easy to get caught, so I think it's good policy to be paranoid when it comes to growing outdoors.

Oh well at least they moved seven ton's before being busted. :D In my opinion the cops were tipped off and then did the search. Probably been doing it for so long without a bust that they got complacent. The thing that shits me is that you nurture your plants in the outdoors all through the season then wham bam you loose them. Alas that is the risks of outdoor growing :D

Yes your right about GE Pro having hi rez scans. But the last time i used GE Pro, they higher rez images were just that, more pixels but the image clarity/quality was no better. It may have improved since i last used it though.

Here Pure, I posted this in the last thread that was kicked off here about growers getting busted via Google Earth. Here's the official details between the two different products. Compare Products, as you'll see both products share the same 'Primary Imagery Database' .

Does that mean that it's common practice to cut a 2 acre square whole in your crop then plant some other crop there that is more spaced apart than any other crop that's growing in the area?

Yes jabez, quite often a farmer and/or a similar mob to CSIRO or DPI will plant out a section of a paddock. To do a viability/test grow of crops from time to time. Just because a region predominately grows one type of crop, doesn't mean that's all their restricted to growing. A smart farmer will be prepared to experiment with other crops and follow market trends and/or prices. Only if he's smart though. :D

Yes your right about GE Pro having hi rez scans. But the last time i used GE Pro, they higher rez images were just that, more pixels but the image clarity/quality was no better. It may have improved since i last used it though.

As you can see from the images I posted up and the video link , the high res aerial shots would certainly be enough to indentify singular objects.

My main point was that the truth of it is , there is allot more than satatalites flying around to be of concern

I really have no view as to how these people got done it could be one in a million things , even if it was going through some sort of imagery though I really don't think it would have been google earth. However there is clear evidence to say that it is not impossible it happened during the approval proccess of high res arial images . I certainly don't belive it was from the satalite images available to them though