Sorry for getting your hopes up

http://cardhouse.com/drcliff/office/goodideas.htm

Dr Cliff ?

"The psychoactive ingredient in marijuana is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). A couple other plants make THC in smaller amounts, most notably the Szechuan peppercorn, hwa-jhou. THC is also being studied for its useful pharmaceutical properties. I'm not talking about the buzz you get from it, I'm talking about the anti-nausea and appetite-stimulant effects you also get from it.

So, a lot is known about THC. It's structurally close to several plant hormones, so it stands to reason that all these molecules may be made from a common precursor. Follow along here- that means two things:

1. THC precursor molecules are probably already present in most plant life.

2. The final synthesis of THC from the precursor is probably done by a single enzyme.

Are you with me here? You could take that single enzyme from cannabis, stick it into a different plant and behold- the new transgenic plant would produce THC!

This is actually not so far-fetched. Biotech firms like Novartis are cutting-n-pasting plant genes at a surprising pace. The same technology that produces frost-resistant tomatoes, and weevil-resistant corn, could put the "THC" gene in any plant so chosen. Imagine-

THC in tobacco- how about a nice cigar? bzzzzzzz...

THC in corn- a whole field full of corn, dripping with THC...maybe you could even make the 'pot-corn' into whiskey... or make THC barley for beer... the possibilities are endless!

OK, that's all good rhetoric, but here's the "Dr. Cliff" angle...

The same technology that can put the THC gene in other plants, can remove it from cannabis. So, you could have c. sativa with no THC. Suddenly, hemp is back in the forefront as an agricultural product. Imagine getting the federal government to fund your research, to remove THC from cannabis and make hemp a legit cash crop.

Imagine the glassy-eyed hemp activists when they discover that hemp doesn't get you high anymore- I think their lobbying energy would vaporize in a heartbeat. Talk about pissing on someone's parade. They don't really want us to believe they're interested in hemp as a textile, do they?

So, you get the DEA to fund your research, removing THC from pot. Meanwhile, you're using the same research to make THC-laden corn, or

peas, or kudzu for that matter."

hi enthe, well if that wasn't a joke, you're an idiot, hemp is already a viable crop and has been used for textiles for millenia, as for genetically modifying other plants to produce thc why fix what isn't broke?, i'm sure we as a species have the ability in place now to extract and isolate all the active ingredients that are usefull or can possibly be usefull for a myriad of purposes from the psychoactive strains of cannabis already existing.

sorry enthe, i misread the context, you're not the idiot (i hope) dr cliff is, lmao

Yeah just to make it clear, I am not Dr Cliff nor am I associated with this so called doctor.

The idea of a THC beverage is interesting though, imagine a place where you could chill out and have a THC beer and not worry about f#@kheads trying to pick fights or any of the anti-social consequences related to alcohol use/abuse.

And I am I pretty sure I could brew a nice THC beer with C sativa if I was allowed to.

Yeah you can make THC beer...

add a bunch of green stuff to your batch of beer....

Oh yeah, and there is no such thing as marijuana - it doesnt even exist, its just in your head!

(not philosophy that nothign exists, just merely saying something rediculously stupid for fun)

Edited by Zaknefain