Indoor Veg Outdoor Bloom

I dreamed about this dude last night who would veg a certain species of plant under 24/0 CFLs till they were about two-feet tall then shifted them outside to flower.

There were a few details missing in the dream so I thought I ask you guys some things about this dudes operation that I don't get - I would be really stoked if you guys could fill in the blanks for me.

What I don't get is, if this certain species of plant vegs indoors under 24hrs of light until it is sexxed and then taken outdoors what happens? Do they go straight into flower or will they continue to veg some more?

Do the days literally have to be getting shorter for a plant to flower or is the fact that it's getting less light than what it's used to enough to induce it into flowering?

Eg: If you vegged a plant indoors till it was about 2 foot then moved it outside in say July when the days are starting to get longer again will the plant flower cause it's not getting 24hrs of light or will it keep on vegging till it senses that its getting close to the next winter solstice and then start flowering?

Hope I'm making sense and someone can help me out.

Peace

Eg: If you vegged a plant indoors till it was about 2 foot then moved it outside in say July when the days are starting to get longer again will the plant flower cause it's not getting 24hrs of light...

It should do. I've been taking mine out from under fluros(20/4) when only about a foot high and they show their sex in a few weeks. I plan to keep putting them out right into summer, to see at what point in the season they just continue to veg.

It probably varies for different strains and locations, but I'm sure I remember the late RGS saying that he'd seen plants moved outside as late as November that still went to bud :peace:

:peace:

Thanks heaps man!

Where this dude is only gets 14hrs of sun on 22nd Dec so really the longest day of the year here would still be a reduction in available light for a plant that vegged under a 24hr or a 20/4hr veg photoperiod before being taken outdoors into this 14/10hrs photoperiod.

I'm wondering if this difference in photoperiod is enough to induce flowering or will the plant still sense that it's available light (from the sun) is becoming more abundant and continue to veg till after the 22nd Dec i.e. when it's light becomes scarce again?

Hope you get my drift, what do ya reckon?

Peace