Cleaning Your Bong

Guest Babybear

B) My little recommendation other than letting your flatmate to drain it then cleaning it, would use rubbing alcohol (Isocol) as this dissolves the tar/burnt THC and any other impurities in the water and a little working with a baby bottle brush gets rid of it all.

It does leave a nasty little smell or tang so this is best done after using the bong or not to be done before using it. It is safe to use the bong just after cleaning but it does make your senses Spite!

Try adding a little amount (5 - 10ml) of Isocol to the water during a session, you won't notice the taste and it will keep the inside of the bong clean for a few more sessions.

I usually try to change the water after each session, the minimum you should change the water I reckon is once a week. :blink:

Guest Urbanhog
A friend who spend fair while up in the US on some student exchange, she had this product called "Clear Bong" or "Clear Water" or whatever, it was fair while ago, you add this product in the bong water (please remember, I don't want confuse you, this product keeps the bong water clear while pulling cones, but it doesn't keep the bong clean if you know what I meant) its made from some products that used to keep fish tank water clearer. Has anyone heard of this product in Australia? Or this product sounds bit too "chemical" to go along while pulling cones? anyone????

hey,

Havent heard of that stuff urban.. But with cleaning cone pieces leave them in hot water for about 30 mins then use a papertowel to clean. When you scrap with scissors the grooves catch the resin quicker. If you come across a old bong that hasnt been used in years and want it cleaned quick try carby cleaner then eucalypt oil to cover the smell.

As RobbieGS said, the easiest way to clean your bong is with detegent and of course a pair of tongs, the amount of times I have scalded myself with hot friggin water is not funny, but everyone has there own way of doing things and they are entitled to there own opinion, so what ever way you do it that is the way you choose to do it if that all made sense?

Cheers joedave

I have a double chamber bong, this is pretty much the only bong i smoke out of now...

what i do is add some milk just under half the quantity of the water to the primary chamber (the one with the stem in it), this just keeps the bong clean while smoking it. makes it easier a shitload to clean...

other than that, some eucalyptus oil booya works a charm.

Guest Urbanhog
For those who are too lazy to use elbow grease, get a tablespoon of Napsan, a laurdry soaker/whiter, block the holes of the bong, get a tablespoon of Napsan and fill with hot water, shake it and leave it overnight... in the morning, rinse it out and its sparkling clean!! (of course depending how dirty the bong was lol )