black bugs with clear wings..?

Guest elefunk_delivers

Guest elefunk_delivers

sup ppls i was wondring if any1 knows wot ive got on my plants.. there kinda like black and around the same shape as an ant.. but they have clear wings on em..

sorry i dont have a pic.. but my cam wont pic it up that clear anyways..?

Guest elefunk_delivers

help guys.. i cant get rid of em.. there like moths im told..

ive used NATURAL PYRETHRUM

as a folic spray.. and still nothing..

they dont seem to b damging the pants..

but i still dont want em around..

help neededdddddd...

ele

Hi there ele, I'll help ya. :( Okay, now, some questions to try and narrow it down, how big are the individuals in mm and can you see any eggs or juveniles on the leaves? Also, can you trace where they are going and what they seem to do to the plants? Are they grazing on the plants? Are there any other plants around like trees or shrubs, anything really, which could be attracting or feeding them? Maybe they have a nest nearby, and are feeding on whatever from a nearby tree in your backyard. Or is this inside? Yeah, tell me where your growing too, that will definitely help. ;) Get back to me and we'll see what we can do.... :( Edited by Luke Skywalker

Guest elefunk_delivers

growroom - old unused toliet

first week flower - now

They seem to b near the bottom on the the plant stem/pot/bottomofpot/ the most.. and resting on the leaves..

i see alot of them drowning on the flood table and in my resi..

when i shake the plant few fly off but most of them seem to b frying due to the light

and falling around the place

thrips maybe..?

cheers ppls

Edited by elefunk_delivers

Okay, this is what a thrip looks like, is this similar to what you have? ;) If not then we'll just keep on going down the list till we work it out. :(

Oh, and I know you use flood and drain, but what kind of media are you using? Anything organic or decomposable like coco or soil in there? Even growool can harbour thrips if the surface isn't blocked from light to prevent algal blooming. Or are there any of these around in the room? Are the intake and outtake fans for the room suitably screened? Or is there any other way that plants can get in?

We'll help ya out mate, wouldn't do to just get to flowering your ladies, and then have an insect prob destroy the thing! Don't worry, that probably won't happen, but I sure don't like insects munchin' on my weed, and I'm sure no-one else does either, so we'll get em, and we'll do it safely. Talk to you soon mate. :(

post-24-1049620065_thumb.jpg

Edited by Luke Skywalker

Guest Field_of_Light

Yes it sounds like thrip or scarid fly to me....as the first choice of pains in the ass to get rid of.....

The lay their eggs/maggots in the medium which in turn feed on your roots near the surface and reproduce very quickly....

Option one is to starve them of their desired food.....

1/ try adding more perlite...or any extra medium you may have...I found that accidently using a fine grade perlite helped slow the accessability to my rootstock....

2/Another time I applied a hdro store bought drench....and nearly killed my plants...if u r going to choose this route then apply it before your light goes off....(advice given from here)...as it can dammage the foliage of the plant....dont exceed the recommmended dose - I only used this becuase when I opened the door of the room the little fuckers were breeding up a storm and pissing me off. They can do some serious damage to your plants and the expected yield....Im not too sure about quality issues with the flies attacking plants.....

3/ Starve em...dont feed the plants for 3-4 days..ie no water for the plants to feed on...but watch em closely for signs of major stress. This should take out a life cycle of the little buggers....spray the bottom of your pots...making sure you dont get the plants...with fly spray or surface spray...where the bugs might be hiding....and place a bucket of water in the room for the bugs to drown in....funnily enuff they fly to the water to lay eggs or something like that and die...

Clean your lights if you can as I found about 100 on each globe...dead from frying themselves......

4/ Or live with them if there arent many of them....but when they get to plague proportions...which sometimes they dont...then start worrying.......

Im not too sure how they get in so I cant talk prevention...maybe someone else can suggest a solution

They are made for wardrobes and come in boxes of three, I bought my last ones at Woolworths, ask the shop assistant for help. :D

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

They are made for wardrobes and come in boxes of three, I bought my last ones at Woolworths, ask the shop assistant for help. :D

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

:P. Yes I agree, I do need some help. :P :D