Perfecting that strain is never ending if you require perfection.With every grow i always select the best male and just polinate the best female i find 80% of the time this creates a better offspring accasionlly ill get somthn i just dont like so i ditch that seasons seeds an go back to the last good seed stock i kept and move on again its just like having a hobby that your tryn to improve on in every generation.

Hey shroomy I crossed a sativa dominant Mango with a bigbud and the net crop turned out really well lets say succesful. Maybe it was luck. I could manicure a pound of that shit in two hours and there were many off just a few plants. Really good smoke too. Thought I had a winner and started inbreeding the line After seven generations its still a nice smoke but all the vigor has gone out of it and i'll dump it.

I dont really bother seeding crosses anymore. If I want seed I buy what I want and make f2's from them but not sure if they're better coming from f1 hybrids or in bred lines (IBL's)?

riverat7 after about 6 or 7 generations its advisable to introduce a new strain you shouldnt have givn up after that, you should of got hold of some nice seeds online an start crossn them with your current seed stock till your happy with what you got an then your right for a while.

The 3 leaf plant isn`t a true trifoliate,it`s whats known as whorled phyllotaxy.It`s thought that it is due to the photohormone auxin may be responsible for generating phyllotaxis in plants.I don`t think it`s a genetic trait that is passed on.I have had many over the years,and have never had the resulting generations(seeds) produce the whorled pattern.

Peace

I havent tried any breeding or even seed making, always used clones, but I have been seriously considering doing a bit of tinkering! :yinyang:

about 5 years ago i crossed an Afghani strain with Durbin poison the offspring grew about 2.5 foot high and about the same wide with shit loads of branches spreading out in all directions.

I still grow this today as i no longer socalize with other smokers but like to have a smoke when i get home from work to unwind, Ive never givn it a name but Afgani Poison sounds like a kool name.

PS i have 1 to 2 small cones an it gives me a very heavy intense head stone and the hash ive made from it gives me a euphoric body stone.

I like the sound of that! Sounds like a nice indoor strain. *Drool*

last year i gathered up my collected seed from bag or bush with the idea of making seed quite close to my clone strains. from memory i had around 10 strains gathered between 97 to 2001 using 10 seeds of each they where germed short veg then flowered in my yard.

Mostly the strains where found to be hermis or undesirable by mid to late flower i was down to 3x strains.

The females stayed in flower and later tested but it was the males i was really after at this point, cloned and revegged my project had begun. By the end of flowering i was happy id chosen the non hermi strains and of decent strength to continue with. Mostly done outside witha few clones pollinated under flouros just because i had 6x variations Bigbud x males 1/2/3 and white rhino x male 1/2/3

Males 3,2,1

post-5631-1252150965_thumb.jpg

collecting early pollen by hand

post-5631-1252151127_thumb.jpg

time to spread the love

post-5631-1252151357_thumb.jpg

seeded White rhino

post-5631-1252151524_thumb.jpg

post-5631-1252151725_thumb.jpg

After smoking the females strain #3 of the chosen was closest to the stone and other traits i wanted so the first and only to date ive grown out and tested,

post-5631-1252151881_thumb.jpg

white rhino x male 3 seeds

post-5631-1252152092_thumb.jpg

Large Bigbud x Male3 seeds

post-5631-1252152210_thumb.jpg

first germ test of the fresh Bigbud xm3 gets a tick

post-5631-1252152306_thumb.jpg

Here is a single white rhino x m3 seed i grew to try her out when i had no room but pleasently suprised

post-5631-1252152457_thumb.jpg

post-5631-1252152092_thumb.jpg

First white rhino x run indoors went really well

post-5631-1252152634_thumb.jpg

first mixed grow of all the seeds

post-5631-1252152742_thumb.jpg

Making more Bigbud x male 3 seed outside. male clone grows into a female BB

post-5631-1252152942_thumb.jpg.

continued

Now i have the seed sorted its time to see how the crosses turned out.

2nd grow using White rhino x m3 and Bigbud x M3. Left 1/2 of tray

This is the last grow using the seed with great results, i didnt keep a mum already have the clones and mostly the Phenos are quite simular except for the extreem indica in the white rhino with low yield

post-5631-1252153220_thumb.jpg

a few weeks in its time to remove any males

post-5631-1252153431_thumb.jpg

Happy to say the bigbud cross retained its fast flower

post-5631-1252153512_thumb.jpg

another Bigbud x M3

post-5631-1252153789_thumb.jpg

Harvest came and went with no problems except lack of space soi retired any more testing till Now late o9 OD season where we have a good mix germing on a mates farm, hopfully i should get the best opportunity to find keepers here. Im happy growing the original clones but if anything was to happen id be quite happy growing the crossed versions in current form or even go hunting for something better which at this point is quite possiable.

Fav bud shot from early BB flower and an idea of the numbers needed to do a decent cross.

post-5631-1252154136_thumb.jpg

post-5631-1252154290_thumb.jpg

Now the hard work is done i have many many hours of testing before i really do anything with these unnamed crosses, I still have BB and WR x males 1/2 to test but just dont have the hours/ weeks todo myself so the next step im relying on a few mates to give decent feed back and taste tests.. Then maby inbreed if things stay rosey

I hope this hasnt turned anyone off it does take time but well worth it especially if trying to preserve strains of known quality like i had todo when others growing my strains drifted away or just gave up on them for what ever reason...

As time goes by ill post up the females of strain 3 for an idea of the fathers traits and update with any bud pics of next grows in or outside..

white rhino cobs

post-5631-1252155323_thumb.jpg

clone bud pics Bigbud and white rhino

post-5631-1252155386_thumb.jpg

Take it easy THC

the last 2 years I have been working on two strains. I started with White Widow (dutch passion), Master Kush (dutch passon) and a home grown Shishkaberry I got from a local grower I dont know whitch seed bank he got it from. The first gen I crossed a Shishkaberry male with a female White widow and a master kush. this gen had all kinds of ABBY NORMAL seeds that did not do to well. But I did get a few good moms. after a harvest I let a WWxShishkaberry male and MKxShishkaberry female cross. That led to Whitekushberry my best strain. I also went back to my 1st gen seeds and crossed a MKxShishkaberry male with a MKxShishkaberry female to try and make the strain more stable and MKxShishkaberry 2nd gen was not as problumatic with less hermys and less abnormal branching. In a month I will start work on the 3rd gen of this strain The whiteKushBerry is still only a first gen but the moms I have are strong and fast growing so I have just been propogating the gen with clones for the bulk of my crop. I have gone though over 500 seedlings and small plants just to get where I am at now so I still have a lot of work left to stablize the strains. wish me luck

the last 2 years I have been working on two strains. I started with White Widow (dutch passion), Master Kush (dutch passon) and a home grown Shishkaberry I got from a local grower I dont know whitch seed bank he got it from. The first gen I crossed a Shishkaberry male with a female White widow and a master kush. this gen had all kinds of ABBY NORMAL seeds that did not do to well. But I did get a few good moms. after a harvest I let a WWxShishkaberry male and MKxShishkaberry female cross. That led to Whitekushberry my best strain. I also went back to my 1st gen seeds and crossed a MKxShishkaberry male with a MKxShishkaberry female to try and make the strain more stable and MKxShishkaberry 2nd gen was not as problumatic with less hermys and less abnormal branching. In a month I will start work on the 3rd gen of this strain The whiteKushBerry is still only a first gen but the moms I have are strong and fast growing so I have just been propogating the gen with clones for the bulk of my crop. I have gone though over 500 seedlings and small plants just to get where I am at now so I still have a lot of work left to stablize the strains. wish me luck

All the best with the hunt mate.......sounds very nice indeed B)

:peace:

________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope this hasnt turned anyone off it does take time but well worth it especially if trying to preserve strains of known quality

hasnt scared me off.....just made mi keener :sly:

i always say it.........luv ya work mate :bow: ..... hat comes off to ya :thumbsup:

:peace: