Hi guys as the the Topic Title and the Topic Description states i am just curious as to what ceations you guys have come up with... what strains have you had and then crossed with another to create your very own strain ?

what were the strains used

what did you name it

why did you cross those particular strains

how did it turn out

would love to read ppls creations

I am a fair way away from creating my own but just wanted to get some general ideas :)

so far i have created one strain. its a cross between celtic stone and celtic cross. techincally that would be celtic stone x (celtic stone x f420) the f420 was a skunk strain that grew single colas and was crossed with celtic stone as it branched out way more and both are great smokes.

i didnt intend on making the seeds but i had a cs male that i let get a bit too big before chopping it down and i ended up with a seedy crop. i pretty much binned every seed except for the ones on my celtic cross as it was a trifolate. it just grew 3 branches per node instead of 2 so i figured the seeds should show the same sort of trait. i have sprouted heaps of seeds and given heaps away so other people can look for a trifolate, but alas no-one has got it from the seeds i made :)

it never got a name so i just call it cs x cc and although it never gave me the trifolate phenos i was after, the quality of the buds has been pretty high :P most are fairly branchy, they are all potent with a few being exceptionally good, etc. but the smell of the strain is pretty nasty. one smelt like 3 week old road kill and made me gag when chopping up ;)

im going to be doing some breeding soon as i was recently gifted a c99 F5 male. it should be an excellent father because the strain is stable and im going to be crossing it with virtually every strain i currently have and if i manage to keep some pollen i'll probably seed up some future strains as well. im really looking forward to the skunk #1 hybrid as both strains are fairly stable and fantastic smokes, but there is also going to be a hybrid with celtic stone and one with jillybean which should both be equally great hybrids, just far less stable than the skunk #1 as they'll be polyhybrids or what ever the term is when you mix up a crazy amount of genetics :P

so far i have created one strain. its a cross between celtic stone and celtic cross. techincally that would be celtic stone x (celtic stone x f420) the f420 was a skunk strain that grew single colas and was crossed with celtic stone as it branched out way more and both are great smokes.

i didnt intend on making the seeds but i had a cs male that i let get a bit too big before chopping it down and i ended up with a seedy crop. i pretty much binned every seed except for the ones on my celtic cross as it was a trifolate. it just grew 3 branches per node instead of 2 so i figured the seeds should show the same sort of trait. i have sprouted heaps of seeds and given heaps away so other people can look for a trifolate, but alas no-one has got it from the seeds i made :P

it never got a name so i just call it cs x cc and although it never gave me the trifolate phenos i was after, the quality of the buds has been pretty high :) most are fairly branchy, they are all potent with a few being exceptionally good, etc. but the smell of the strain is pretty nasty. one smelt like 3 week old road kill and made me gag when chopping up :P

im going to be doing some breeding soon as i was recently gifted a c99 F5 male. it should be an excellent father because the strain is stable and im going to be crossing it with virtually every strain i currently have and if i manage to keep some pollen i'll probably seed up some future strains as well. im really looking forward to the skunk #1 hybrid as both strains are fairly stable and fantastic smokes, but there is also going to be a hybrid with celtic stone and one with jillybean which should both be equally great hybrids, just far less stable than the skunk #1 as they'll be polyhybrids or what ever the term is when you mix up a crazy amount of genetics ;)

thanx for the responce WDC loved reading the part about the road kill smell... a friend of a friend made his own strain and calls it "sweaty socks" one wiff of some of the dried buds and its pretty obvious why.. ;)

i would mainly be looking at making a indica dominant strain cause of the hight issue related to sativa... also i just think the indica daminant plants just look fuck'n sexy as hell.. which is wierd cause i hate couch lock when i do smoke which isnt very often.. think i have only ever tried a sativa smoke only once... smelt and tasted lemony

Creating your very own strain.............................................................. that's quite a mouthful and not as easy as it may sound, especially if you expect it to be true breeding. Skunk#1 for example is one of only a handful of strains that would be regarded as true breeding, if you crossed a skunk male with a skunk female the offspring should be as close to both parents as possible, with no loss of vigour or potency. Northern Lts is the other big one, developed in Seattle as the ultimate indoor strain due to it's low odour, short flowering time and height.

To get those strains to that point though required LOTS of work and selection. Sam Skunkman reportedly grew out 10 000 males on the way to developing Skunk#1, although, to his credit as well, it is a stable 3 way cross.

Simply throwing some male Sativa pollen over a female flower, be it Sativa or Indica will produce offspring, whether those offspring are any good is debateable and unless you know what your selecting, at best it's a gamble.

That's just something to mull over of course, and is just the tip of the iceberg in regards to breeding, making your own healthy seed is still a great idea regardless.

Don't use plants that are hermaphroditic, and if you need a good strain with decent punch to cross with something nice you may have grown, look seriously at Skunk#1 or Northern Lts, or better still, forget about all the hype of the latest unstable, overpriced cross and try the proven standards for yourself first :)

........it was a trifolate. it just grew 3 branches per node instead of 2 so i figured the seeds should show the same sort of trait. i have sprouted heaps of seeds and given heaps away so other people can look for a trifolate, but alas no-one has got it from the seeds i made :P

:) Have you crossed any of those seeds WDC? The trifoliate trait wont show up in the first generation cross between a normal and a trifoliate plant from my exp. it is a recesive gene. Cross those seeds and you should see roughly 1/4 of their offspring grow with the trait.

Peace MongyMan

about 5 years ago i crossed an Afghani strain with Durbin poison the offspring grew about 2.5 foot high and about the same wide with shit loads of branches spreading out in all directions.

I still grow this today as i no longer socalize with other smokers but like to have a smoke when i get home from work to unwind, Ive never givn it a name but Afgani Poison sounds like a kool name.

PS i have 1 to 2 small cones an it gives me a very heavy intense head stone and the hash ive made from it gives me a euphoric body stone.

creating a strain isnt as easy as crossing 2 strains

u then need to dig deeper into the strains psyche

uneed to breed again and again

making sure u make the right choices

i have a few strains here that arent strains yet

as they havent been attempted to stabilise yet

for me f5- f6 is a strain..

hybrids are totally different and some people like em..

imho wat i do is a waste of time

as the selection process is so small..

to breed u need alot of room

and the abiltiy to test the progeny ( next generation)..

i wish u well and hope u share your journey

take care and stay safe

bill

this isnt gospel and just my beliefs

creating a strain isnt as easy as crossing 2 strains

u then need to dig deeper into the strains psyche

uneed to breed again and again

making sure u make the right choices

i have a few strains here that arent strains yet

as they havent been attempted to stabilise yet

for me f5- f6 is a strain..

hybrids are totally different and some people like em..

imho wat i do is a waste of time

as the selection process is so small..

to breed u need alot of room

and the abiltiy to test the progeny ( next generation)..

i wish u well and hope u share your journey

take care and stay safe

bill

this isnt gospel and just my beliefs

i have to agree with that,

its bl@@dy hard work it takes a lot of years of crossing and selecting and just hoping you have made the right choices

this years grow is all about the last 8 years of my life to see if i have got it right.

i have bought some differant strains just in case it isnt heading in the right direction.

but lets hope it is as i think it should be.

but just in case i got it wrong i have bought in some more seeds