Reccomend an online bong shop

If you cant tell that some bongs hit alot better than others i cannot help u mate. Go make your coke bottle and hose bong and then hit out of a glass bong and tell me what u think. Then post up some of these 40 buck ones up.

Im posting my explinations and pictures to try prove what im saying and the best answer im given is " yes there are "

Come on ppl if u wanna prove me wrong lets have a conversation and here some debate

What would ya plan to debate about, personal preference?

:peace:

EDIT: Forgot to ask the question.. I was lookin' at that pic paulshop 'n noticed bits in the middle of the bong stem. Looks like it might be a bit of a PITA to clean, how would you go about cleaning it? Would you have to use special chems, or would the old metho 'n rice do the trick?

Edited by Indycar

Indy, great question..... I recommend u try Rubbing alcohol ( meto ok but can use better ) and sea salt, Seems to work better and no trouble with rice blocking the drain.

Rubbing alcohol and salt works best and is super cheap. if you use salt and just swish it around and shake your bogn and shit al the shit just comes right off. If you just use alcohol you have to let it soak and use more of it since you cant just wash it around the whole bong. Also if your still looking for a bong i recomend useing .......... i just ordered a hurricane from there they are the shit. They have these fine wholes punctured in the side to draw in outside air and cause the smoke inside to spin like a tornado and the heavy particles get smeared against the glass from it.you can even smoke it laying down!!! They also carry roor which is really sick as well. I have a roor store near my house which i got a roor at and let me tell you they are also the shit. I like both bongs equally and it just depends on waht i feel like smoking out of. The key to any glass bong is get a glass on glass bong thats at least diffused if not diffused and percolated but you also want to be worried about glass thickness as well. The thicker the better. I have an ADS (amsterdam design studio) bong i could probably hit someone in the head with a knock them the fuck out the bong would be unharmed. but yea dude.......... is the shit

*** This is not meant to offend. If you're not a fan of good billys, I suggest you move to the next post *** :uhhuh: lol :bow:

Heya paulshop.

Mate, I love this site and these are some of the most brilliant folks I've had the honour of speaking with. BUT

Sorry mate, my advice is just don't even begin a conversation with any Australian (that hasn't travelled I guess) about bongs/billys/ etc. They just don't get it.

Trust me, if someone can not see the massive difference between what you're talking about and the stupid crappy agungs with rubber stoppers, brass, metal, etc then there's nothing you can do to help them. I've learnt the hardway. I've had this conversation many times and now I just won't talk about it. Won't even respond to people about billy's until they know what they're talking about. People in Australia still use rice in their billys ffs! Where do you go with people like that!? lol

They actually really think it's all about functionality. They really do. Just let em be mate. They're happy with their shitty bongs and mostly stuck in their ways. I don't know why it is like this with Oz, it's certainly not in Europe, Asia or either of the Americas. Have a chat to 420DownUnder to get an understanding. He's just got here and he brought his pieces with him.

Now, you won't get any good bongs in Australia for that reason. This attitude is so ingrained there's simply no demand for these classy pieces.

As to the roors - good on ya in getting the german mande ones. Avoid the yankee made at all costs due to the inferiority of the bi-stable joint. If you're following Hashbean, you can't go wrong. That man is a hero!

As to importing them, get the company you choose to send the stem, pipe and bowls seperately. This circumvents Australian cannabis - paraphenalia laws. And just like seeds, DON'T send em to your grow address.

For something a little cheaper, but still magic compared with agung shit, try the weedstars. I know Hashbean's not a big fan since to him, they're lower quality. But remember, you and I are coming from a base position of agungs being the gold standard here ffs! Weedstar is so much better. But Toro, Graphix, etc. It's all good.

Say, have you seen the ROOR custom? The one with the diamonds, silver and gilded beaker and bowl? OMMFG!!!! Salivate!

I use good billys cause I'm proud of what I do.

That's just my advice mate. Take it or leave it.

PS - I won't respond to any arguments about billys. I don't do that anymore. ^_^

Don't worry about the bogans mate, they can have their agungs if that's all they need to be happy while the informed and cultured go with GonG for life. I've never been out of Aus actually, born and raised in Sydney and now living the high life in Tas.

There's nothing illegal about importing bongs as long as they are new or 100% clean, I've been collecting for 3 years and most of my bongs have been opened for inspection by customs and then sent on ;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/pugmad/Untitled-3-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/pugmad/Untitled-6-2.jpg

I'm with paulshop, Teucer and 420Downunder..

When I started using bongs they were all home made using plastic bottles or Vegemite jars with garden hose and foil cones which I soon discovered was very bad for you.. (your not meant to breath in plastic fumes apparently and foil cones aren't good to use) :yinyang:

I currently only have an Agung since it was the only bong I could find in oz.. I quickly bought a glass stem/cone because I could taste the brass from the old cone and it's not a very appealing taste. I enjoy the taste of marijuana and don't like anything affecting it unlike some of my mates that smoke out of dirty brass pipes that they never clean because they only care about getting baked.

I'm currently on a mission to purchase a higher class bong like a ROOR or Toro from the UK since it's the only place I can find them to order. I really don't have a problem with the price of these bongs as I see them as a stunning work of art that I would display on my shelf and be proud to own and use. Glass on glass makes a noticeable difference in my opinion and then when you include the diffusers it is a new experience.

If your not into all that stuff and just want to rip your bong then so be it, each to their own but I personally can't wait to get my new bong :thumbsup:

Bong on!

I replaced the brass stem and cone in my Agung with a glass stem and cone, its improved the flavour immensely in my opinion. Although now I can taste the rubber at the base of the bong in my hits. It never ends, that is until I get an all glass bong. If you really care about the taste of your bud go glass. Especially if you've homegrown, you want to get the real fresh taste.

Diffusers are amazing as well, I think they make the bong smoking experience much more enjoyable, not like your straining your lungs to pull a cone. They increase the amount of bubbles in the water meaning that the smoke is better filtered so it is better for your lungs and you notice it in the hit.

I'm guessing you would have seen the smoking method for these roor type bongs where the glass cone is taken out instead of having a shotgun or ghosty hole, this pulls the extra smoke thats in the stem through for the hit.

The argument that a bong made from a bottle and a hose gets you just as high as one of these glass blown bongs is damaged by these facts, you get more smoke in the hit from the stem, and then your lungs are not as wrecked so you can polish off more cones without coughing up an organ.

Bongs n Things are great to deal with, and have bongs that are cheap and definitely good enough. Plus, they're a sponsor of OS, I'm pretty sure.

Only thing when buying from them is I'd recommend buy a glass cone and stem from them too, just because most of the bongs on their site come with metal stems and cones which some people don't like.

Everyone Does It are also great to deal with. They have a bigger range, but the fact their in England is a bit of a bummer. They ship internationally, and their stuff is packaged well, so there shouldn't be any breakage.

But the shipping costs a bit (about as much as it should to send something from England to Aus), so I'd keep them for if you need to buy something you can't find anywhere else.

Gabe: As a fellow Adelaidian, I can tell you that buying online is fine. Bongs n Things is your best bet. Nice simple bongs, good and cheap, and it's an Aussie site too.

Any questions, just PM me.

Edited by JaykeSucks