i wouldnt even bother with them, they are too expensive to get all setup + getting the right spectrum for growing plants will be alot of hard work as well :unsure:

if you are after cheap and efficient lighting, look into getting a 130w CFL as they will grow your mothers and clones no problems or if you wanted to stinge out you could buy a few $10 lamps from go-lo and some 20-50w CFL globes which will do virtually the same job as the larger light lol

If you poke around the site, there's a few threads about LEDs, my blue one quit, but my reds are still working. I found the blue more valuable for veg, and neither is strong enough for flower from my experience. They can add color to other lighting, but it doesn't seem to produce a big if any difference at harvest. If we were growing salad greens then yes they work fine..but not for the plants we grow.

I'm convinced that the envirolites brand of CFL is better if you would rather not use hid lights. Those are mindful of color whereas other CFL lights aren't.

Smokin All Day UK has a thread about them, he's used them and produced nice hard buds with them.

We can all agree that CFL'S are good for cloning, and LED's are absolute crap. But with the new laws coming into lighting, we growers must find a new source of light, I urge people to start searching, and if not even building new systems involving the combination of CFL'S and LEDS if Necessary, yes they are crap, but if the ban covers HPS and HID, we have a major problem.

Does anyone know when incandescent lighting and high powered lighting will be banned? Otherwise we are going to have to stock up a fuckload! :unsure: lol lol

Well you know the normal globes you put around your home? any light which has a high output like that will be banned in Australia.... THANKS LABOUR with you 'eco friendly policies' being accelerated.

Well, we have a major problem people... LEARN TO ADAPT FAST.

Any light as I said which has a high output and high input will get banned because of this new war against carbon emissions, and this will most likely apply to HPS and HID, when I get enough spare money, I will experiment with LED's and CFL's, even though it wont be a great harvest, there has too be something to fix the gap temporarily.

I'm not sure when the ban comes into place, but I think we have a few years, I know its not an immediate threat, but we have to start looking into alternative sources of light.

Any light as I said which has a high output and high input will get banned because of this new war against carbon emissions, and this will most likely apply to HPS and HID, when I get enough spare money, I will experiment with LED's and CFL's, even though it wont be a great harvest, there has too be something to fix the gap temporarily.

That's just conjecture without basis.

Incandescents might be phased out, but HID lamps certainly won't be. It's about efficiency, not power, and the HID's are much more efficient that their incandescent cousins.

What do you think they'll do for street and flood lighting? Halogens? :whistle: