General Outdoor Grow Needing Help

Looking to grow a couple outdoors in WA and only just germinated my seeds, by my guess and memory I am running about 1/2 months behind schedule? Will they start to finish around the feb/march mark?

Not too late to plant out by any means.

They will still be ready by middle of March/middle of April, if they are indica hybrids.

If they are say Afghani's then possibly by early March.

Last year I planted out middle of January and they were ready by first week of May; the Northern Lights I was growing was from Sensi and is not that early a flowerer otherwise they would have been ready by about middle of April.

I like to save myself from having to go out and water during the hot months, that's why I plant later; also there is less of a window for the plants to be discovered.

In my experience Indica hybrids don't end up much bigger if planted this time of the year as opposed to if planted say the start of January.

They seem to have a genetic heigh limit and once they have reached this they don't grow much bigger.

That's just my experience given the method I grow the plants.

creature of the forest

I like to save myself from having to go out and water during the hot months, that's why I plant later; also there is less of a window for the plants to be discovered.

I'll 2nd that!

I learnt the hard way last season.

Carting water twice a week to 15 or so plants in mid-summer at the height of the drought was a bit full on.

:peace:

Well I got the shits and poked around with a twig again, couldn't even find about 3 of them and the 4th one I looked at had done nothing other than have a part of the shell chip away.

I'm guessing I simply didn't let them germinate long enough and that the medium was too bulky/airy

I am going to do a new round of germ just using water in a cup method rather than paper towel and let them germ a bit longer so they really have their taps sticking out (although not long enough to start contracting germs/rot) and then I am going to place them in little germ cups with a more compact medium, possibly just regular potting mix rather than the recipe

I soak them in a cup of water for 24 hours and then put them between wet paper towels; 5 sheets of kitchen paper towels on the bottom (stops them drying out too quick) and one over the top.

Lay the paper towels on plastic plates not china as china plates are too cold.

Put another plate over the top of the one the seeds are sitting on.

If it is winter then I put the plates between an electric blanket on low heat.

I plant into cups of potting mix when the root has grown and the first oval shaped set of leaves appear.

I don't plant till the leaves appear; then once they go into the cups of potting mix they grow straight away.

Best way.

creature of the forest