Too Much Light?

Have a look at the 130W Spectrum bulbs that are high output fluros - don't need a ballast - just an adapter plug.

I was wondering where i can buy these high output flouros i figuring id be using about 10-20 easily with soem of them UVB flouros worked in in certain area to test the UVB theory... i was thinkin if i had about 15 130W flouros it would be equivalent to around 1900W..is this true or am i wrong...if i am tell me please.:thumbsup:...also i figure about 5-10 of those UVBs pt like every 2 or so per normal flouro.... any ideas or tips im all ears....

Those 130w fluros will do the job for you.

And these 130 what dont put out any were near the lumes u will get with a hid.

But the amount of $$$ it will cost u to buy 5-10 of them will be heaps as they go for around $60 each you are looking at $300+ and for that type of money u could get a 400w setup with a fan or 2 and a few other bits and pices to get ya grow up and running and will do a lot better in the end

Most ppl use the 130w fluros for mother plants as they dont put out that much heat and you can have then just about sitting on top of the plant...

Hey mate, as Im growing an entirely CFL grow I believe I may be of assistance. The more CFL's/Flouro's the better. Ill rephrase that.....cram as many of the friggin things in as you possibly can you cant go wrong with flouro's. The only thing to remember is that CFL's will burn your plant if it is touching the light for more than about 30 mins. During the growing and stretch stage you will be constantly readjusting the lights sometimes even twice a day but once the stretch is finished just position them within 1cm of the globe and have some airflow to take care of the rest.

Make your lighting as fluidly repositional as possible because you will find as they grow and stretch you will be able to lower and place some of the lighting in between branches.

If your going with HPS disregard what I just said hehe.

A hid will out do a fluro hands down every time.

A fluro will grow light airy buds and will smoke up good.

A hid will give u a lot more solid thicker buds and produce a shit load more and be a good smoke.

How good a smoke mostly comes down to the strain of pot u are growing.

Are u in Australia or over seas, if in oz have a look on ebay and u will find every thing u need at a fair price and a lot cheaper in some cases...

I cant answer that because this is also my first grow but I can theorise that I wouldnt think potency would be affected at all, only size. When I first had the idea to do a grow a few months ago, I did my research and found that CFL's WILL grow a crop, but not as well as a HPS/HID. from the results Im seeing at the moment (Im in Week 5 of flowering), I think this hypothesis is wrong. I am of the belief that as long as you cram as many CFL's in as you can (Im running 10 x 23W Warms and 2 x 23W Daylights for extra spectrum between 2 plants), the buds will grow. It may not be as tightly packed as a HPS light but I do not believe potency will be affected, that is judged by when you harvest (aka Trich colours).

Yield-wise is the same really, I seem to have defeated all other hypothesis that CFL's dont yield too much, yet I could be wrong as I havent harvested yet. Ill let ya know in about 3 weeks how I go yield-wise.

Yield-wise is the same really, I seem to have defeated all other hypothesis that CFL's dont yield too much, yet I could be wrong as I havent harvested yet. Ill let ya know in about 3 weeks how I go yield-wise.

thanxs kryties...im gonna play around with my box but i found some cfls that ahve an output of over 8000 lumens so i figure if i throw enough of them bad boys in there with some CO2 gettin pumped to my plants i think i might be able to outdo the HIDs bc i think i wont need as much ventilation to cool my plants bc i think flouros dont get near as hot...also i was gonna throw some of those reptile UVB lights in there bc on you tube dude said that puttin UVB promotes bud growth better than anything so im gonna play with it and cross my fingers....

HID's are by far the best way to go

but they are expensive no doubt.

im using two four foot double bulb flourescent shoplights right now

i know i wont yield a shitload but i know that, because i bought decent bulbs, the bud should be pretty good.

The bulbs i bought were full spectrum plant lights

they work great as i can see

not the most powerful but very cheap

i spent 20 dollars on a fixture, only five for the ballast.

There are also more powerful flouros now days

they have some called HO and VHO i think

they're usually T8 or T5

the flouros im using are T12

But i think you should get as many flouros as possible, because with those, you can never have too many.

thanxs kryties...im gonna play around with my box but i found some cfls that ahve an output of over 8000 lumens so i figure if i throw enough of them bad boys in there with some CO2 gettin pumped to my plants i think i might be able to outdo the HIDs bc i think i wont need as much ventilation to cool my plants bc i think flouros dont get near as hot...also i was gonna throw some of those reptile UVB lights in there bc on you tube dude said that puttin UVB promotes bud growth better than anything so im gonna play with it and cross my fingers....

Sounds like you know what you're doing there..

if i were you id try to get an equal amount of red and blue spectrums

That will effect how your plant grows as well.