"HULK" new product to replace rock juice/super bud

So which particular chemicals are we talking about. chlormequat, cycocel, Paclobutrazol ? Loggerking could you please give this claim some substance with a little more information.

Thanks RR

it was posted on here somewhere a few years back,,i got a new computer and lost my info on it ,,,,,,,,any old timers around here remember what i am talking about or how to find old threads on this??

It's good to read so many views on additives, but its also downright confusing. I've just turned back to 12/12 and decided to check out some threads on additives in the hope i would find a common additive with consistent results. This is my 1st indoor in 5 years, prior to that i have about 6 years experience behind me. In the past I used Greenhouse nutes for veg and flower, i always add potash (apprx 0.5mL/L) in flower, many years ago an old skool grower recommended i use worm castings for the 1st 2-3 weeks of flower which i trialled with no improvement to yield but it did improve resin produced. Then a friend swore by Dutch Master nutes which i trialled with good results. I used DM bloom along with 'potash +' for a couple of crops with decent results (apprx 3/4Lb per 600W). Then the friend of mine swore by DM Superbud, he claimed an extra 30-40% yield so of course i tried it and all i noticed was tighter flowers due to less stretch, i must say it didnt seem to impact on the quality but i was concerned about some of the reports of sideaffects to your health Superbud was getting.

Anyway, back to the point - i trialled "hydromino" nutes in veg as i was told they are more concentrated which is not the case. I'm about to head out and grab some flower nutes and am considering additives but based on most threads i'm totally confused. PK 13/14 seems to be getting good reports, from what i read i dont need to use it at this stage of flower. I'm wondering if i should just stick to DM with potash and pass on the Superbud cos it is co$tly and theres so many conflicting reports on its results. Ozitonic and Rockjuice are mentioned quite a bit but what is their specific application? - do i use now to reduce node length or do i use later in the flower cycle? It's great so many people have different experiences and opinions but atm i'd appreciate hearing from fellow growers that have had consistent results with additives and at what stage the additives are used.. Cheers gentleman (& gals if applicable)

its all the same SHIT if you want tight heavy buds then 2 things

lots of light and good gernetics not this fake stuff...

anyone tried smoking buds grown with that shit it gives you headaches

taste like crap and because it stops all vertcle growth when added

you dont get those fox tails only one crown a couple under as theres no stretch

so as i have already stated in another thread make sure your lighting

is min of 50 watts a sq foot and top genetics like somas rock bud ,heavy duty frutiy

skunk 1 ,mazar,chronic just to name a few and you too can have nice tight

heavy buds with out any SHIT added to it and you will taste the differnce too

@ j citizen the dose rate is on the bottol as far as when

if you are gunna use it agiast my addvise then remeber

they all stop verticl growth,so grow plants a little bigger

than you would if budding normaly then give them

3-5 days of 12/12 then give it to your plants this gives

a little stretch and nodes it as you will end up

with no streching at all once added.......

as mentioned above dont use it if you dont need to

and your buds will love ya for it and tastes betta

if you want tight heavy buds then 2 things

lots of light and good gernetics ..

and you too can have nice tight

heavy buds with out any SHIT added to it and you will taste the differnce too

Nothing more needs to be said because wskunk is 110% correct with the above quoted statement, without any doubt ... take heed and throw out the artificial hormones and gutter-shit that only poisons natural Cannabis and costs you extra money :)

>:(

Thanks WS and Fraz - i like what you're both saying. I'm a huge advocate for an end product that is as organic as it can be. In respect to yield - IME from previous harvests with and without the use of additives there wasn't a miraculous improvement when i used additives. Unfortunately the conditions in my GR and the variety of strains grown virtually changed from one cycle to the next. This was mainly due to my lack of attention to maintaining the right temp level of the GR and experimenting with different strains. With that in mind it is difficult for me to conclude if additives were beneficial to overall yield, what sparks my interest is that many growers swear by them so my thinking is/was how can so many growers be wrong?

WhiteSkunk - where do you draw the line with add's, do you suggest no add's at all or just the add's that are designed to stop stretching? for e.g should i even bother with adding potash if im already using hydro nutes designed for bloom?

Anybodys thoughts on worm castings, their totally organic and contain high levels on p and k?

J Citizen

when i was at uni doing plant sciences n shit i worked in a plant nursery for five years

Home gardening products have some of the sketchiest claims and labelling of any products in any industry. Hydro stores than take this already dodgy industry to a whole new level.

the word organic is used an abused like their is no tomorrow.

The word organic can have two meanings a) it can be in reference to a product containing no residual agricultural chemicals or >:( it can also simple be a reference to the fact that a product is organic in terms of its chemistry which simply means it contains mainly carbon hyrodrogen oxygen and typical functional groups.

Herein lies the problem. If a product is organic in terms of "a)'' than it will almost always also be certified by a one of two major organic certification groups. However, If it simply organic in terms of its chemistry than fuck me it could mean anything. Yes most hormones are organic molecules generally small moelcular weight hydrocarbons. BUT most of the nastiest nerve toxins and poisons in this world are organic molecules !!! it means nothing to say something is organic. infact organic molecule are so diverse that it even has its own wing of chemistry - organic chemistry. and no this isnt the chemistry of organic vegetable production. The following things are examples of some "organic" products caffiene, testosterone, cholesterol, speed, herion, THC, and almost any drug and car tires and petrol, and motor oil, and bitumen, and pretty much everything.

SO are the hormones in PGRS harmfull? personally i doubt it they are prob just synthetis forms of something the plant already produces and adding them jjust increases tissue concentration causing the effects on the buds we see. BUT remember asbestos was harmless in the 1950's too.