Parrot alerts Texas man who shoots burglar

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=306428

Parrot alerts Texas man who shoots burglar

Wednesday Oct 17 05:48 AEST

A parrot chirping "hello" woke his Texas owner up to find, and then shoot, a burglar in his garage Tuesday, local media reports.

"I guess you could call him a stool pigeon," owner Dennis Baker told the Dallas Morning News.

It was the fifth time the home, which is also used as a locksmith shop, was burglarized this month.

So when Baker woke to the sounds of Salvador, his Mexican Red-headed parrot, saying "hello, hello" he knew something was wrong.

Baker grabbed his gun and shot the burglar in his garage. The man died at hospital, police said.

"I have tools in my garage, my house and my van," Mr. Baker said. "They were coming here like they owned the place. I hate what happened, but somebody has to do what's necessary."

The bird also chirped "hello" when police arrived, Baker said.

"Sometimes he says 'hi,' but you can't get him to speak on cue," Mr. Baker said. "He has a mind of his own."

Texas has recently eased restrictions on people confronting intruders in their homes, businesses or cars. They are no longer obligated to retreat before responding with deadly force.

But police told the paper that this was not the reason behind a recent spat of home or business owners shootings intruders.

"We get them over the year from time to time," Sergeant Larry Lewis said.

Neither Baker nor the police were immediately available for comment.

no you cant grow marijuana so you dont have to live in pain, but you can shoot someone dead who comes into your house unlawfully.

I think that you should be entitled to kill someone who enters your home unlawfully or uninvited.

I don't agree with the reasonable force laws that are in place - where you can only defend yourself with something equivalent to what the intruder/attacker is using.

I wouldn't hesitate for a second if I found someone - man, woman or child - in my house, they would get their frickin' head blown off and buried way out back....

Jimbo :peace:

Yeah fuck them shoot first and ask questions later is the best policy in my book ,Texas is gun mad even in some towns it is complusory to own a gun or they will run you out of town .And they have one of the highest rates for the death penatly

too .Even Geogre W signed a 130 when he was their goveroner .Makes you feel alot safer living down here :peace:

I think that you should be entitled to kill someone who enters your home unlawfully or uninvited.

I don't agree with the reasonable force laws that are in place - where you can only defend yourself with something equivalent to what the intruder/attacker is using.

I wouldn't hesitate for a second if I found someone - man, woman or child - in my house, they would get their frickin' head blown off and buried way out back....

Jimbo :)

Yeah that sounds bizzare, how would you know if an intruder had a knife or a gun?? So if they've got nothing in their hands you're meant to fist fight them and hope they don't pull a weapon?

I doubt I would show any mercy

:peace:

in some towns it is complusory to own a gun or they will run you out of town .

really?..i've never heard that..man thats fucked up!!...forcing people to live their life your way is so...not me....

i follow the philosophy of 'harmlessness' which means living life so as to cause 'minimal harm'....having boundaries/structure is a necessary aspect of said philosopy.....any boundary is a potential warzone....your house and property is one of your boundaries...boundaries are a part of you....anyone crossing your boundaries needs to be dealt with...using deadly force if need be...killing a burglar may seem extreme harmfullness...however the burglar crossed your boundary...therfore he needs to be dealt with...and killing him fits in with my interpretation of 'harmlessness'

every burglar knows they are risking being killed when they invade your home...its a risk they are willing to take.

fear produces attack.

the fear the guy felt was probably a major contributing factor to his decison to shoot the person who was consuming him...eating his property..stealing his stuff...making him less..destroying him...reducing him to less than what he was previously....i too would have confronted the guy and stopped him...or died trying...the end...

You only have the right to kill someone in self-defense if they endanger you or anyone else you care for. Anything else is murder.

That is not correct. You may only retaliate in defense with equal or reasonable force to protect yourself and/or those who are present. Initiating an attack on an intruder is considered assault and will result most times in you being charged.

It is still murder when you kill someone in defense. Manslaughter is causing death by accident and occasionally at the prosecutions choice - when you had no other choice.

A real bad spot to be in - best to dispose of them and never speak of it again.

That is not correct. You may only retaliate in defense with equal or reasonable force to protect yourself and/or those who are present. Initiating an attack on an intruder is considered assault and will result most times in you being charged.

It is still murder when you kill someone in defense. Manslaughter is causing death by accident and occasionally at the prosecutions choice - when you had no other choice.

A real bad spot to be in - best to dispose of them and never speak of it again.

Note to self, never fuck with jimbo

:)