Parallel a fan motor speed controller with a thermostat

:) :applause: Hi ALB,Ya spot on with fan speed controller, Try a Clipsal fan controller,2000 series, 500 watts,MODEL=2032e500f=$38.00 from Auslec Electrics, or a electrical retailers store they will have them, they are a common type of switch, this is a heavey duty switch you will have no problems with damaging your fan motor windings, :greedy: :peace:

Back lol, Cheers lads. Picked up a pdL 625, wired it up as you described. Works a treat :bongon: . It does hum a bit (i'll have to figure something out to quieten it more.

I am doing some dry run tests on my new h/built cab (stealth) lights all sealed out, just the noise of the exhaust fan left to sort out.

cheers for the circuit. i put plugs at both ends so i can plug it to different fans for testing the cab.

Edit : does slowing the fan down this way change power usage? ie slow=less thx

Edited by Samjana

Hi, I'm back for another round (diary soon to follow).

Picked up a new 150 centrif, some accou ducting and thought I'd attempt to install a HPM variable speed cntrl'r.

I have a couple of questions before I start cutting up my precioius extension cords (or make any dire mistakes).

After reading this post several times, and not knowing enough about installing one of these, thought I'd ask some really noob questions.... lol

Hey Al, when you say "run in parallel" - do you mean I must cut the extension cord which runs to the centrif - where the VSC is placed in the attached pic (or do you mean the centrifs cord? - surely not)

post-12826-1193529056_thumb.jpg

As I am so confused about the VSC install (perhaps you could do a more detailed diagram for us noob, wannabe grow sparkys), I wasn't even thinking about the thermostat in parallel with the bypass switch, but would appreciate it if you, anyone could elaborate on this installation also.

Thanks in advance.

billos

am still no closer to installing the VSC

have been scouring the net for a 'simple' installation guide to no avail

perhaps I am asking a bit much for a detailed guide, perhaps if anyone can just give me a few points

eg;

1. cut extn cord

2. plug both side of the cut into the vsc

3. away you go

am on the right track or am I missing something? just don't know any sparky's and don't really want to go into great detail about what I'm doin if I have to call one

thanks in advance

billos