Do you think Cannabis is addictive

I've been smoking and growing for 30 years now and can take breaks whenever I need or want to with only minor cravings, my med need is the main reason that I smoke as much as I do now (I can stretch an oz out for a month or more when low). I would say that using mj does have a mild but easily overcome addiction, I am going through severe long term withdrawals on the growing side though as my ex (the Feral) checks on me to see if I'm growing again, most likely so she can either dog me or get some "friends" rip me off. If mj wasn't illegal then I wouldn't spend so much time dreaming of building grow rooms and wishing that the thieving meth-head would just simply drop dead and leave me in peace. B)

Yes Feral, I know you will read this as you do all my posts, I'm just hoping you can take the hint.

B)

I know at least 2 people I can say become very irraitable with lack of THC of in their system

This is very common and I notice it in myself. If I don't have my morning toke its usually only a matter of time before I bite someones head off. The world is full of fuckwits after all and without tolerance its easy to get angry...

I've been smoking and growing for 30 years now and can take breaks whenever I need or want to with only minor cravings, my med need is the main reason that I smoke as much as I do now (I can stretch an oz out for a month or more when low). I would say that using mj does have a mild but easily overcome addiction, I am going through severe long term withdrawals on the growing side though as my ex (the Feral) checks on me to see if I'm growing again, most likely so she can either dog me or get some "friends" rip me off. If mj wasn't illegal then I wouldn't spend so much time dreaming of building grow rooms and wishing that the thieving meth-head would just simply drop dead and leave me in peace. :peace:

Yes Feral, I know you will read this as you do all my posts, I'm just hoping you can take the hint.

B)

I told you to come back to Tassie cobber - and do the Big Shed Thing ! B)

This is very common and I notice it in myself. If I don't have my morning toke its usually only a matter of time before I bite someones head off. The world is full of fuckwits after all and without tolerance its easy to get angry...

Hey I am exactly the same as Tom will tell yopu - but one difference I actually don't smoke !

I have absolutely no tollerance for fuck wits or arse hole's, good thing I like to relax and watch my "grass to grow"so to speak B)

When I am stoned I feel happy greater than 50% of the time

When I am straight I feel sad greater than 50% of the time

When I am drinking I feel aggresive greater than 50% of the time

When I cannot get MJ I do not use other drugs as a substitute

I am addicted to happiness and if MJ helps to to get there whats wrong

with that

"happy addict" or is that "addicted to happiness" :sdj:

I think if you are using to cope with stress or emotional problems going off it can cause a few symptoms that people may mistake as withdrawl. Also I think it depends on the reason you go off it. If you need to travel or just want to take a break then its your decision so no stress. But if you run out and can't get more or you get busted well situations like that can cause stress and again I think in some cases people mistake the sleepnesses etc as withdrawl symptoms when really it is mostly result of the stress of the situation

but yeah I've never had much trouble quitting after long periods of daily smoke :)

I think you've probably hit the nail there pipe

Cannabis probably isn't "physically" addictive in the way that some drugs are, but like all drugs, it is an excellent escape mechanism, if you don't deal with what you're trying to escape from, then stopping use will be problematic, which is where the "dependant" user comes in.

Real physical addiction takes time to set in, of course some drugs are quicker than others but even the dreaded Meth does not make enough change to the brain on the first hit to instantly addict someone. The escape factor, however, is evident from the first hit (toke/drink etc), the more effective the escape the more likely that person is to re-use and that's how addiction gets started.

A lot of "reformed" users who were using drugs to escape end up simply switching one escape for another, be it group sessions like AA, hard core adrenalin sports or even those that become militantly religious, they haven't dealt with their original problem they have simply switched to a more "acceptable" form of escapism.

Hey Guys

Ive been a pot smoker for over 20 yrs , for about the last 5 yrs Ive had at the very least 6 billies a day every single day many days more than that ,, one day I said to myself Im not enjoying it any more and sick of dealing with straight people when Im bent , even though I dont think Im bent I am ,, and also sick of that dulled feeling every morning , I guess thats why its called dope lol anyway I went cold turkey and its been 4 weeks since I touched it ,, I have no cravings for it what so ever , no sleep problems , no nothing , its like Ive never smoked , I feel very sharp mind wise and just better over all , not saying I will never smoke again , I just want to be normal for a while , will go back to just a cone of a night or weekend , but for now Im enjoying being clean .

Any thoughts on it being addictive , my personal experience says its not .

Rod

Like any drugs (alcohol, nicotine, grass. will not include hards drugs here) I found that if I control it and not let it control me I am ok. Except for nicotine. I found it easier to give up grass for 4 years than it was to quit smoking smokes. Grass craving was gone in about two weeks. After 4 years of no smokes the craving never left me. I started smoking smokes again after being at a party and having a couple of bourbons and one smoke off a mate and I was back to my 20 per day. I am 58 and have been smoking grass since I was 17. Tobacco since I was twelve. Alcohol I can take it or leave it, would much rather have a joint than a beer.