post-2601-1172820830_thumb.jpgpost-2601-1172820830_thumb.jpgHey ya,

Recently someone close to me carried out a seed save project with some strains ex Potopia, the main aim was to save the Genetics of Bronze Whaler a trippy sticky flipout of a plant they are very heavy Indica influenced loads of resin lots of guts and a very unique strain tase smell and smoke wise , the best mother F3 plant was crossed with an f3 male and produced about 800 grams of oval shaped large flat seeds :toke: cheers Rod. A second mother plant with all the propertys of the main mother except in half size of leaf structure was crossed with a 75% Pacifica G13 male sourced also from Potopia, in a test grow of the resulting seeds 50% offemale plants of this cross are developing with 3 pistals in each calyx very strange see pic any comments or suggestions about this in my experience I have never seen this before cant be all bad, cheers tassie devil.

Has the plant many rotated leaves? I remember seeing pics of a plant that had been soaked in a colchicine solution and had very rotated leaves but not sure if they eventually straightened out properly.

I don't recall the author saying the pistil number trippled though.

Edit; the seed was soaked in colchicine before sprouting

post-2601-1172877808_thumb.jpgpost-2601-1172877757_thumb.jpgpost-2601-1172877635_thumb.jpghey ya here are a couple of more pics, of the 3 pistal plants 50% of the cross is showing the trait in the females, my freind has had a bit of experience with cholchicine conversion of plant poloidial characteristics using cholchicine derived from an organic source (plant based) autumn crocus crushed and soaked in deionised water soaking seeds and then germinating them only about 5 % of them became poliploid or showed poloidal interuption. In F1 cross and selected F2 crosses 70 % of cross showed poloidal or genetic varrience from parents. 30% of cross showed 100% increase in size and vigour30% looked like origional parents 30 %showed some variable charecteristics and 10% where just crapp in the F1 and F2 crosses there where some hermies which were tossed. F3 to F7 generations showed 80% stability with less than 0.5 % showing hermie traits. Looking back it was a lot of work the quality of the strain was not really improved as far as we were concerned but there was a 25% increase in yeild due to a doubleing of size with the selected crosses that were used in each succesive generation. The increase in size and yeild may also have been arrived at using selective breeding techniques and would have resulted in no hermie traits, still it was a good experience and taught plenty about genetic varrience and plant poloidal characteristics.perhaps the reason there is an anomaly with the pistals of the cross of Bronze Whaler f3 x Pacifica 75% G13 has something to do with the american goverments trials with the G13 strain as it was the subject of lots of effort by them in the past as it was supposed to be a natural occouring freak poliploid plant but it is possible that it has been geneticly allterd in a lab cheers tassie devil Edited by tassie devil

post-2601-1172879712_thumb.jpgpost-2601-1172879776_thumb.jpgHey ya, here is a couple of pics of Pacificas 75% G13 female clone at 20 days of 12/12 under 1x600 hps pot is 2 gallon bucket ,Method is( still grown), nutes canna flores ,cannazm ,canna P14 K15 ec = 24 ms ph is 6.5 Media spongelite or common Kitty litter very reusable media 4th time recycled cheers tasie devil